The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered Sportster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
S&S Cycle
RYCA Motors
DK Customs
Don's Cyclewear

Hammer Performance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
jasonious is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nightster Pricing

Hi Everyone,

New here. Great forum. I have a quick question. What are people seeing for Nightster prices? I know what the don't pay a dime over MSRP crowd will say, but what are people seeing for prices on these things. Here in Seattle, the best price I saw was 12K for a black one, out the door with the security system. That one sold before it ever hit the floor. That included an insane 695 markup for "prep", but the price was MSRP. I have heard through friends that other dealers are asking 2-3K markup on base price! I know this bike is going to popular, but are you guys anticipating waiting lists and high prices? Shades of 96? Do you think it's better to get one early or wait and see if the prices stabilize?

I'm going to get one. First Harley I ever saw that I could see riding. I ride a Norton and an old Triumph scrambler, and I would like one modern bike!

Thanks for the help.
Old 18th February 2007
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
DieHard is on a distinguished roadDieHard is on a distinguished road

at my dealer near me they qouted me $10,500 thats almost $600.00 more them msrp
Old 18th February 2007
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 883-1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Hogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant future

I haven't priced one at my dealership but I expect people will pay whatever they are asking for it especially with the bike being "different". Look at when the PT Cruiser first came out. It was different and 'old school' and there was a waiting list a mile long with people paying over $30K for it. Tom Hanks was even on the list for one.

Just give it some time. It'll be just like any other Sportster ever produced.

(even though I like it too)
Old 18th February 2007

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Other Motorcycle Model: Heritage Softail Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nice

The one I looked at had 2-tone paint, with shipping,dealer prep, security system and a Battery Tender it was $10,500 +/-
Old 18th February 2007
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1212 XL Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH STROKER
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1959
Jimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to behold

Typical Harley market short supply high demand equals increased dealer margins.

Plus give it some time they just hit the floor, as soon as the dealers get a little supply of them they will price them better.

MSRP dealers are all over the place it's the added charges and accessories at full retail that they add to the bikes that kill you.

Last edited by Jimbos883; 18th February 2007 at 19:10..
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th February 2007

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Other Motorcycle Model: Heritage Softail Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nicesprtrjl is just really nice

I agree the dealer likes to have one sitting a round for a little while so people can look at it and build some interest in it. After they have a couple more they are happier to start moving them.
Old 21st February 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
55Bear will become famous soon enough55Bear will become famous soon enough55Bear will become famous soon enough55Bear will become famous soon enough55Bear will become famous soon enough55Bear will become famous soon enough

I've looked at one at the local dealer here in the Memphis. It was already sold. Orange and black color scheme. The dealer had installed forward controls plus it had the security system, if memory serves correctly.
Price was in $10,800 range. I asked about availability and the salesman told me they have "several" more on the way.

Hope this helps,

55Bear
Old 21st February 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
55Bear will become famous soon enough55Bear will become famous soon enough55Bear will become famous soon enough55Bear will become famous soon enough55Bear will become famous soon enough55Bear will become famous soon enough

Opps, I forgot.... Welcome to the forum! Lots of good info here.

55Bear
Old 21st February 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Moved On / My Own Choice has disabled reputation

Hannum's HD in Media, PA (Deleware County, PA) - was about $9500 +TTL and freight/prep (I seem to recall their freight and prep being about $500 total give or take)

Smaltz's HD in Eagle (Uwchland), PA (Chester County) - has been an MSRP dealer since Stretch bought the place. Their freight and prep was around $500, but they are sometimes willing to move on that (like if you have a competitive quote from someone else who is willing to move on it).
Old 21st February 2007
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GS 750 L
Other Motorcycle Year: 81
thatbikerguy is a splendid one to beholdthatbikerguy is a splendid one to beholdthatbikerguy is a splendid one to beholdthatbikerguy is a splendid one to beholdthatbikerguy is a splendid one to beholdthatbikerguy is a splendid one to beholdthatbikerguy is a splendid one to beholdthatbikerguy is a splendid one to beholdthatbikerguy is a splendid one to beholdthatbikerguy is a splendid one to beholdthatbikerguy is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the Forum!
Know Thy Hog