The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Cruiser Customizing  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > On the Road - Stories, Places to Stay/Eat, Places to get Help
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

On the Road - Stories, Places to Stay/Eat, Places to get Help Tell us about your latest ride or even an old one.

Members Birthdays
BIKE BUILDER
Licks Cycles
Motor Stage
Biltwell

Ironworks Magazine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th April 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
GOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enough
Default Couple Pics From The Poker Run

Today I went on a charity poker run for challenged kids. It was a good time but boy did Ma' Nature act up. Started out just a fairly overcast day, warm, rain wasn't supposed to move in until nightime. Nope. Mid-ride the skies opened up. And I mean OPENED up!!!

It was a fairly short ride miles wise, but a good chunk of it was through back canyon roads. Turns and twists for miles and miles!

There was a Sporty rider at the registration area and I introduced myself and we talked about his bike. I was riding with my brother in law ('75 Shovel) and best friend ('97 Springer). The ride was sponsored by a Yammi group and the only other HD was a Road King. The fella with the Sporty, an 01 1200 conversion, was an older guy and said he didn't have a computer so I don't reckon he'll be coming here. But I told him all about it anyway.

My buddy forgot to hook his plug back up last night after his oil change so his battery didn't charge. We had to push start him. The old guy on the Sporty jumped right in and pushed him. So we got ready to go and next thing we know, the old guy was with us and asking if he could do the run with us. Sure thing. And off we went.

We did a 50 mile stretch in hard, hard rain along the interstate. Cold and soaked to the bone! But fun none the less.

Anyway, enough of my rambles. Here's a couple pics. Wanted to get some of the country, but with the weather, it didn't work out. I will make part of that run again in the summer and take pics.

The first pic is me and the Sporty. Second pic is my brother in law, my best friend, and me. Third pic is of that old guy's Sporty.

Last edited by GOTWA; 17th November 2005 at 19:13..