The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Figure Machine  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Drivetrain > Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Discuss issues with Sportster motorcycle tires, wheels and brakes.

Members Birthdays
stevervp, philvet (71), outlawreb (59), rabes56 (58), Bigmatt (56), Beaker666 (50), hippiemwc (50), wumm883c (48), 2wheeltodd (47), israel (42), Stitch (37), Dekooy (31), Ameri-Deutsch (30)
Energy One Clutches
Energy One Clutches
Figure Machine
Biltwell

Lickscycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th August 2007
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
LoadedDiablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Solid mag wheels??

I was thinking about getting a set of solid center line mags to replace my nine point mags on my sporty. Is anyone running this type of set up? If so do you have any pics? Is there any reason why I shouldn't run solid mags? Basically what are your thoughts on running solid mags on a sporty.

Thanks in advance for your time and help,
Old 30th August 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLX-61
Sportster/Buell Year: 1983
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL350
Other Motorcycle Year: 1969
83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of

Drawbacks are weight and sidewinds. They look cool, if you're into the chunky look. I think I'd go with aluminum rims and stainless spokes if I were making a change on my bike. That seems to fit the traditional Sportster image better.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it (especially if you don't know what you're doing). Most Sportster problems are owner-induced.