The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
ledbelly (61), sportrod (61), pjcav (47), jgaither (46), naru (42), eberky (38), Paulie420 (35), 83xls
Figure Machine
Bison Motorsports
Motor Stage
Superbrace

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th May 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki KLR250
Other Motorcycle Year: 2002
Tony1790 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wave etiquette and HD snobbery rant

Hello all,

I've been riding my Sporty alot lately, and whenever I'm out and about I give the ole left hand wave to the bikers that I pass....all bikers, Harley's, crotch rockets, etc And they all way back.

But today I put some miles on my little KLR 250 and did the ole left hand wave and them dang Harley bikers ignored me, the crotch rockets still waved back.

That snobbery is bugging me, when I was growing up, as long as you were riding a motorcycle you were given the respect that your endangered life deserved (by other bikers).

But seems in these days of $20,000 bikes and riders with $100k incomes, there seems to be alot less respect for anyone not riding the designated brand. I still say anyone who puts their life in jeopardy by riding a motorcycle deserves my respect, no matter what they ride.

Rant over.

Tony