The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > BUELL MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Buell Motorcycle Custom Finishing
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Members Birthdays
Figure Machine
NHRS Performance
Energy One Clutches
Bison Motorsports

Ironworks Magazine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd September 2007
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883/1250 Stage3
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell S1 White Lightning
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1998
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW K1300S
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
cjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nice
Default Pro Series Rearsets

Went to the "World's Largest Harley/Buell Dealer" to pick up some bolts for the front disc on the S1W and saw that they still had a set of Buell Pro Series Rearsets that had been hanging on the wall since the place opened.

These rearsets were the same ones I had looked at when they had their main store on Beach Street in Daytona. Cost: $479.62

They were having their Labor Day weekend sale and everything in the store was 20% off. When I asked about the rearsets the counter guy said 20% was the best he could do for me.....I explained to him that these rearsets had been on the wall since they opened and perhaps they could do a little better if they wanted to move them. He went to get the manager to see what could be done.

The manager came and said that he would let me have them for cost..$375
I thought about it but there are some on ebay for $340 that are a little more adjustable, so I told him I'd have to pass at that price.

As I was headed out the door he caught me and said he would let me have them for $250...DEAL!!!

Here they are

They will move the pegs 4" back and 2" up, this will get my right knee away from the rear jug where it tends to get very hot. They are also much sturdier construction than the stockers.

If you see something that looks like it's been hanging there for a while ask for a discount.......you never know if you don't ask

Chris

Last edited by cjburr; 4th September 2007 at 02:45..