The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
DRAWTOOL (64), svoracer (61), curly h (60), mosby (57), barry1967 (47), BiggyJ (47), the_MAD_Baker (46), deadeye (41), SharkMDick (39), bdbecker (31)
Bison Motorsports
Get Lowered
RYCA Motors
Burly

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2011
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883l
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 2008
turkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to all
Default spark plug problem :(

today i changed my plugs but the problem is i use locktite not the strong one blue on it i mistakenly read the manuel wrong in the manuel it said use locktite anti seize
do i harm my bike or the threads? what should i do ?
Old 24th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 S/ sold
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki M109R/ totaled
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
wilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant future

Pull them out now, the longer they stay in the worse it will be. I think heat and time makes the locktite more hard. I would get new plugs, or clean the locktite off really good. Not sure if it will damage the threads, you may get lucky.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 24th September 2011
JESTER MAFIA WEST

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: 48 "Totalled" By a Douche
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
rocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond repute

I would pull them out and replace with new ones using copper anti sieze
2006 Sportster XL1200C
Mikuni HSR 45
Jetted 27.5 slow,172.5 Main
97 Needle,Clip posistion 3
Hurricane Flow 3" offset AC,Rocketman Mod
Daytona Twin Tec TC88A,Rico Nomad Map
Sumax Thundervolt plug wires,NGK DCPR8EIX spark plugs. Gapped .040 and Indexed
Cycle Electric Stator and Regulator
Alto Carbonite Clutch
Royal Purple 20W50 MC Primary oil
Patriot Defender Pipe
Royal Purple 20W50 MC oil
Wix 57148 oil filter
Max Power, 79.17
Max Torque, 75.98
Old 24th September 2011
Drag Race Champion

turkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to allturkishxl883 is a name known to all

i pulled one out now it was hard but not that hard.but i guess some white small glue parts very small fall in to cyclnder but be ready i broke the spurk plug head on the first cyclinder (((((( so what now? damn locktite indeed damn my reading
Old 24th September 2011
チェッカー

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L/1200L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Baphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I was not the one that put my plugs in and when I went to remove them this happened.

I tried tons of ideas from the guys here and after breaking an easy out I gave up and took it to a shop and had them remove it for me.

Only cost about 60 bucks to have it removed.
Here's the tread along with all the suggestions I got. Good suggestions, but in my case they didn't work ... but they are worth a try.
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s....php?t=1066281
Don't do anything at all.
Know Thy Hog

Old 24th September 2011
Drag Race Champion

oh this really helps i will try it on monday i guess tomorrow every where is closed.
But do the parts of the plugs did fell in to the cyclendir?
Old 24th September 2011
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 09
Tater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to all

WOW---I thought you may have just broke the porcelain off....
I finally washed my bike the other day and noticed that the +/- 1 YO NGK Iridium plugs had quite a bit of rust on them... I hadn't ridden in the rain and Lord knows I don't wash it but twice a year... Anyway I pulled them and cleaned them up good, then put some dielectric grease on them and anti-seized the threads good then reinstalled...
Don't know why all the rust, it's parked inside a dry hot shed...
Have a good one...Tater...
Viking Shock Cutout Saddlebags, Mustang Seat, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, SuperBrace...
Old 25th September 2011
Drag Race Champion

damnnn me i need a eye correction also how can i read anti sieze as locktite blue
i dont know but who ever i talk to is tell me my job is hard
i need to take of the head and go to machine shop and taking head off is not a easy job i need new gaskets for it off off off
can not sleep all night thinking about how dd i do this wrong of my stupity.Someoe ounch me one the nose pls
Old 26th September 2011
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: AMF XLS Roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1981
MN Mailman is a glorious beacon of lightMN Mailman is a glorious beacon of lightMN Mailman is a glorious beacon of lightMN Mailman is a glorious beacon of lightMN Mailman is a glorious beacon of lightMN Mailman is a glorious beacon of lightMN Mailman is a glorious beacon of lightMN Mailman is a glorious beacon of lightMN Mailman is a glorious beacon of lightMN Mailman is a glorious beacon of lightMN Mailman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishxl883 View Post
damnnn me i need a eye correction also how can i read anti sieze as locktite blue
i dont know but who ever i talk to is tell me my job is hard
i need to take of the head and go to machine shop and taking head off is not a easy job i need new gaskets for it off off off
can not sleep all night thinking about how dd i do this wrong of my stupity.Someoe ounch me one the nose pls

Everyone does something dumb sooner or later. Get in a hurry, misread, whatever.

Don't sweat it; it's part of the experience.

No one got hurt, including yourself, that's all that matters.

This kind of stuff is to laugh at and have fun with, not beat yourself up about.
Old 26th September 2011
Drag Race Champion

i talked a guy from ttcustoms they will send a van to pick up my bike they told me it got only 2 hours of job and dontt worry about ruining the cyclinder trust them i hope to get my bike soon its indeed funny haha
Know Thy Hog