The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Organize a Ride-out or find a riding buddy
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Organize a Ride-out or find a riding buddy Here is where you can organize your local ride-outs or search for a new riding buddy.

Members Birthdays
883 Sportster
Superbrace
Biltwell
Motor Stage

Motor Stage
View Poll Results: Would you like to participate in a Sportster / Buell riding weekend
Yes I'm interested and June 2012 works for me 70 88.61%
Yes I'm interested but would like a different month 8 10.13%
No, I don't want to meet and ride with a bunch of sportster folks I've never met before 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: iron883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light

Pick your poison, Pete. I'll pick-up whatever you guys want.

I'll bring a small grill also, lanterns, and a couple of cots for the campers.

If anybody needs/wants/forgets/soaks/looses anything, let me know.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act; rather, a habit." - Aristotle
Old 11th June 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
cgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by paralegalpete View Post
here is a sample loop heading east from Galeton up to watkins and back around to the Inn
Just over a couple of hundred miles, a good day of riding.
Its really hard to go wrong with the amount of nice roads in the area

That looks like fun.. BTW Watkins has a sound ordenance.

Patriot Guard NY Region 2
SAL SQN 366 Honor Guard Color Guard
Old 11th June 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Uly (sold)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: 2010 Ural Patrol(sold)
Phaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond repute

from what a few others have said including roachill, I'm going to do a route south of the Inn that encompasses the canyon.

Sounds like it will be a little more rural and less busy than going into new york state
Old 11th June 2012

cgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to all

That part of NY is very rural.
Old 11th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: iron883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light

I rode to the Inn yesterday and then did about a 120 mile loop thruogh the mountains south of Rt 6. Nice ride. Mountain laurel is in full bloom (hope it holds another week). Only two places with a straight-away over a hundred yards.

Had I been riding with others, I would have then headed to the canyon.

If you want to ride "rural," you're going to the right place.
Know Thy Hog

Old 11th June 2012

I am hoping to get down for the Yuenging tour
Old 11th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883 (Kim's now)
Sportster/Buell Year: 97
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Street Glide
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDXT
Other Motorcycle Year: 02
sportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paralegalpete View Post
I just made arangements to meet up with XL Ed's buddy Nick for the ride down.

We should be arriving around dinner time.
Don't forget to pack chaps and a fro comb!
Old 11th June 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
XL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant future

Due to work commitments I can't leave until roughly noon on Friday. Should still make it by dinner. Anybody else on the same schedule as me? I will be heading straight down from Fort Erie but can certainly detour if someone wants company
Old 11th June 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250s,tax paid
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
kkbii has much to be proud ofkkbii has much to be proud ofkkbii has much to be proud ofkkbii has much to be proud ofkkbii has much to be proud ofkkbii has much to be proud ofkkbii has much to be proud ofkkbii has much to be proud ofkkbii has much to be proud ofkkbii has much to be proud ofkkbii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iron1 View Post
Hey skien,

You could camp at Lyman Run State Park. You could walk from there to The Ox Yoke. It's a nice park too.

Aemsee,

I'm cheating. I'll haul beer in my truck, drive home, and return on the Sporty. Somebody wanted Sam Adams Summer Ale, I found some yesterday. In honor of our Canadian contingency, I'll get Molson as well.
I would be willing to trade a good cigar for some of that sam adams.
Old 11th June 2012
an obsession handed down

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
rubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant future

Yeah for the summer ale!!!!!

Taxes are paid!

...Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...~Robert Hunter/Jerry Garcia
Know Thy Hog