The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Cruiser Customizing  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER & BUELL MOTORCYCLE RACING > Sportster Motorcycle Drag Racing
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Drag Racing Discuss drag racing on a Sportster Motorcycle.

Members Birthdays
Foxcreek Leather
Superbrace
Progressive Suspension
Superbrace

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250-X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
HandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandrur View Post
Why don't you just quote the first post, edited it, and post a new comment with updated numbers and names? Just as easy and allows you to achieve your original goal.
I would need to do that for every result and the thread would be wacky looking. So much easier to edit the original post and everyone knows where to go to get results. I've edited threads like this for years at a time on other forums and there has never been an issue or problem. That point is moot here tho as I already have my answer.
Old 14th June 2012
Ride free, RubyRed

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883 > SE 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
wandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant future

Okey doke. Just trying to suggest a way around the problem.

The project bike:
1999 1200 XLH--Currently on indefinite hold... Custom Led Sled frame--4" up, 2" out; Baker/Vulcan chain conversion; Buell 17" rear wheel...
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...d.php?t=708796
Old 15th June 2012
Super Moderacer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLRR
Sportster/Buell Year: 91
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH1100
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 80
racerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant future
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRHS Sales View Post
That drag bike is actually a Buell S2 bodywork kit.

Is that Bob Draps bike Will?
not Bob Draps bike..... same class tho, running about 185 mph and in the 7's....Pro Stock I think...... I think Bob Drap won the championship

Ww

Blue Locktite..... I put that sh*t on everything.....

"never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence"

"All The Way"
Old 16th June 2012

HandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud of

Post your 1/8-1/4 mile results Here:

Top runs by class:

883 -
Jarhead07 - 1/4-13.580et @ 98.130mph - 1/8-8.657et @ 81.390mph - 60'-2.027

1000 -

1200 -

1201+ -
madnss - 1/4-11.52et @ 115.01mph - 1/8-7.33et @ 95.25mph - 60'-1.728

Due to wildly inflated dyno hp claims it is time to put some of these myths to rest. You can claim any hp number you like, but here you will back up those claims with a 1/8 or 1/4 mile timeslip.

Claim your class at the beginning of your post and ensure the timeslip is clearly legible. Expect entries to be scrutinized.
Old 16th June 2012
Amateur Hour

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Xl
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
madnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant future

nice job handoverfist! Glad to see you have some real world seat time test to evaluate!
Know Thy Hog

Old 16th June 2012

Going to attempt to get to a track tm night... I have my GoPro mounted to the forks. (Just now realized how odd to take a picture of a camera lol)

Dampner finally on the bike as well.

Last edited by HandOverFist; 16th June 2012 at 05:46..
Old 23rd June 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
Jarhead07 has a spectacular aura aboutJarhead07 has a spectacular aura aboutJarhead07 has a spectacular aura aboutJarhead07 has a spectacular aura aboutJarhead07 has a spectacular aura aboutJarhead07 has a spectacular aura aboutJarhead07 has a spectacular aura aboutJarhead07 has a spectacular aura aboutJarhead07 has a spectacular aura aboutJarhead07 has a spectacular aura aboutJarhead07 has a spectacular aura about

This is from the fresh 1250, xb heads 15deg squish, SE497 cams. No dyno tuning just plug tuning. I really need to work on those 60fts. Any ideas on how to strap the forks as I just don't quite get the idea.

Last edited by Jarhead07; 23rd June 2012 at 05:25.. Reason: Wrong link
Old 23rd June 2012
JESTER MAFIA WEST

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: 48 "Totalled" By a Douche
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
rocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good Bro
Some guys use ratchet straps to pull the forks down tight and take the travel out
2006 Sportster XL1200C
Mikuni HSR 45
Jetted 27.5 slow,172.5 Main
97 Needle,Clip posistion 3
Hurricane Flow 3" offset AC,Rocketman Mod
Daytona Twin Tec TC88A,Rico Nomad Map
Sumax Thundervolt plug wires,NGK DCPR8EIX spark plugs. Gapped .040 and Indexed
Cycle Electric Stator and Regulator
Alto Carbonite Clutch
Royal Purple 20W50 MC Primary oil
Patriot Defender Pipe
Royal Purple 20W50 MC oil
Wix 57148 oil filter
Max Power, 79.17
Max Torque, 75.98
Old 23rd June 2012
Amateur Hour

madnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead07 View Post
This is from the fresh 1250, xb heads 15deg squish, SE497 cams. No dyno tuning just plug tuning. I really need to work on those 60fts. Any ideas on how to strap the forks as I just don't quite get the idea.
I have a simple strap made by schnitz racing. It's just a tie down stap but has different ends on it. Just rounded ends with a hole so you can fit a bolt threw it. I bolt mine to the top brake caliper bolt....run strap over frame neck, then bolt to the axle pinch bolt works great.
Old 23rd June 2012
Amateur Hour

If you get your 60's down, your MPH on your ticket tells me the bike will run mid 11's . Or at least higher 11's, great job!!!!! Come out with rpm's in the 4 to 5 range and smoke the clutch, lay in the tank. Good. Luck!
Know Thy Hog