The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Bison Motorsports
DK Customs
NRHS Performance Long 2
Lowbrow Customs

DK Customs
Tags
photography, pics, riding

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2012
I think I like Sportsters

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L (sorta)
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: XR1200X
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Screw Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyngeezer View Post
Dan,

I love this picture. It conjures all sorts of fantasies where my favorite beer magically powers my favorite bike. Thanks for making my day
LOL!! I'm thinking if you bike is powered by beer your don't need to worry about drinking and riding...LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportytrace View Post
Does this work for you??

Works perfectly!! Exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of.

So what's the next challenge??

Old 27th June 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
Captain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to all

NEXT CHALLENGE: ??????????????????????????????????????

I'm back on the road!

Old 27th June 2012
OzChick

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: Trumpy
sportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond repute

Okay... cool.... next challenge- next to something (other than a bike) that is orange.
Old 27th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
iron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to behold

Does this count? I didn't even make it out of the neighborhood!
Old 27th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster 1200r
geoff 1 has much to be proud ofgeoff 1 has much to be proud ofgeoff 1 has much to be proud ofgeoff 1 has much to be proud ofgeoff 1 has much to be proud ofgeoff 1 has much to be proud ofgeoff 1 has much to be proud ofgeoff 1 has much to be proud ofgeoff 1 has much to be proud ofgeoff 1 has much to be proud ofgeoff 1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesomepants View Post
NEXT CHALLENGE: ??????????????????????????????????????

I'm back on the road!

Hey, I love the look of your bike,it is spot on lovely!

2001 XL883, in a hardtail frame.
Know Thy Hog

Old 27th June 2012
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1982
Flame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron9813 View Post

Does this count? I didn't even make it out of the neighborhood!
So name the next challenge!

Gamertag, PS4: Bikerdude__
Old 27th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

iron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to beholdiron9813 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, I had to go back and read the rules again. I thought I had to get approval first, but I see that's only if pic is disputed. So...next challenge, a picture of your bike by business that has a "We support our Troops" sign.
Old 27th June 2012
OzChick

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: Trumpy
sportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond reputesportytrace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron9813 View Post
Sorry, I had to go back and read the rules again. I thought I had to get approval first, but I see that's only if pic is disputed. So...next challenge, a picture of your bike by business that has a "We support our Troops" sign.
Yep, I did the same thing yesterday too... thought it needed approval first, so was slow in posting the next challenge. But I know now.
And I know this may come as a shock, but the US is one of the few countries I have been in where "support our troops" is so visual. I think it is awesome.
Our culture in Australia is not as demonstrative. I live in a garrison city in Australia; we have both an airforce base and army base... and at least half the city is involved in supporting the existence of the armed forces in one form or another, but we simply don't put it out there. No bumper stickers, no signs, no verbage; a couple of welcome home marches/parades a year is about the extent of it...

Next Challenge: Your bike by a business that has a "We support our Troops" sign.
Old 1st July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
wysper is a splendid one to beholdwysper is a splendid one to beholdwysper is a splendid one to beholdwysper is a splendid one to beholdwysper is a splendid one to beholdwysper is a splendid one to beholdwysper is a splendid one to beholdwysper is a splendid one to beholdwysper is a splendid one to beholdwysper is a splendid one to beholdwysper is a splendid one to behold

Wow, this one seems to have slowed the game somewhat! I wouldn't be able to find one of these in NZ either sportytrace.

Next Challenge: Your bike by a business that has a "We support our Troops" sign.
Old 1st July 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysper View Post
Wow, this one seems to have slowed the game somewhat! I wouldn't be able to find one of these in NZ either sportytrace.

I have been at work since I posted the challenge, so I haven't been able to get a pic. If I can't find one by Tuesday, I guess we will have to wait the required week and I'll post a new challenge. Sorry guys, I thought maybe it wouldn't be so hard.

Last edited by iron9813; 1st July 2012 at 12:33.. Reason: forgot to state current challenge
Know Thy Hog