The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Accessories
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Accessories Accessory problems, advice, and/or how tos (Saddle Bags, Sissy Bars, Crash bars, Mirrors, etc

Members Birthdays
NRHS Performance Long 2
Motor Stage
Motor Stage
DK Customs

Fix My Hog
Tags
footpegs, help needed, help- i have a question!, roland sands

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2012
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster Xl 883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: 2014 Street Glide Special
Mozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really nice
Default Need help with footpegs

I am buying RSD footpegs to match my overpriced grips and I am confused.
The pegs are sold in pairs and there are 2 different part numbrs for what seems like the same item.
1 is a 45 degree male mount peg and the other does not specify any degree of offset and is also a male mount. Both are the same price.
Both fit according to the fitment guide with the 45 degree peg being specified as for Dyna and Sporty.
Does anyone know the difference? Is one for the front and the other for the passenger?

Here is a link to the 45 degree peg
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/512-520

And the regular
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/512-523
Old 1st July 2012
Senior Master Bolter Oner

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C (for sale)
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883R (headed to FL?)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: FXD Super Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW - they have a "Chat" function on the site where you can chat with a tech. If nothing else, it will give you a record of what they told you before you buy. I only had to return one item there, but it was easy and free (for me).
Old 1st July 2012
Master Mechanic

Mozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really niceMozvader is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
FWIW - they have a "Chat" function on the site where you can chat with a tech. If nothing else, it will give you a record of what they told you before you buy. I only had to return one item there, but it was easy and free (for me).
I tried but as usual I was a bit late and they had already closed the tech dept.
I was hoping to order the parts tonight before I come to my senses.
Old 1st July 2012
Red Beard Cycles

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH-1208
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
ReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond repute

You can also call. it works for me when I had an issue with l e d tail light. Their service tech was able to give me a workaround

States I've Ridden in

71.3 hp 70.8 tq

1208cc 11.09:1 (Wiseco 10° Dome 10.5:1 .010 over) ,Screamin Eagle Dual Plug Heads (10° 61cc), Original SE A/C, Vance & Hines Straight Shots w/ Custom Baffles. SE 6800 ign, Dual BREMBO brakes/ Pirelli Night Dragon MU85-16 Rear - 100/90-19 Front. Progressive Springs & 412 HD 13½" Chrome Shocks, 5½" pullback riser w/ "reddtigger mount", Stebel Nautilus Compact Air horn, Mustang Vintage Super Wide Touring Seat, Alto Carbonite Clutch
Old 1st July 2012
Brass Nut

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C … long gone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDB … gone!
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute

You want the 45° ones. Your pegs don't fold straight up, they fold back 45° as they fold up.

The only difference between the two types is whether the RSD logo is level or not. If you don't care about that, you can get either type.
'The green machine'
Know Thy Hog

Old 1st July 2012
Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkie View Post
You want the 45° ones. Your pegs don't fold straight up, they fold back 45° as they fold up.

The only difference between the two types is whether the RSD logo is level or not. If you don't care about that, you can get either type.
Folkie, You are a Moto-Mechanical genius! I suspected as much but needed confirmation. Thank You Sir!
Old 1st July 2012
Brass Nut

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C … long gone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDB … gone!
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute

Old 1st July 2012
Master Mechanic

Those grips look incredible in brass...
Old 1st July 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Road King FLHR
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
Billyj7175 is a splendid one to beholdBillyj7175 is a splendid one to beholdBillyj7175 is a splendid one to beholdBillyj7175 is a splendid one to beholdBillyj7175 is a splendid one to beholdBillyj7175 is a splendid one to beholdBillyj7175 is a splendid one to beholdBillyj7175 is a splendid one to beholdBillyj7175 is a splendid one to beholdBillyj7175 is a splendid one to beholdBillyj7175 is a splendid one to behold

Those do look nice!

I have a set of their contrast cut...and was pretty disappointed to find out that the left grip is only held on by two small set screws...had I known that I wouldn't have ordered them. I used red loctite and check them often...and drilled the dimples pretty deep. I could just see getting into a tank slapper and having the left grip come off...that would not end well...