The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum GL Sportster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER & BUELL MOTORCYCLE RACING > Sportster Motorcycle Drag Racing
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Drag Racing Discuss drag racing on a Sportster Motorcycle.

Members Birthdays
Lickscycles
Energy One Clutches
Fix My Hog
Superbrace

Biltwell

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th July 2012
Amateur Hour

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Xl
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
madnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant future

Holy cow! I have 7 in my bike now, that includes the bike and engine as it sits now
Old 12th July 2012
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: 07 883 X2 plus 5 Buells
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 92
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 96
Other Motorcycle Model: and 2 more!!
NRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant future

You do not want to know then how much we have into our Bonneville engines! The crank alone in the nitrous bike I am doing was over $2300
www.nrhsperformance.com

AMA 1350cc M-PG record holder @167.452 mph.
faster than the BNI record too.
Old 14th July 2012
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 04
~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnss View Post
Going to try the new pipe out Friday night at the strip if I can tolerate the high 90's heat and high humidity, been nasty hot out for a few weeks and I'm to soft to be put on helmet and leather in this heat!
Well? How did it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wedge's Father....
Old 16th July 2012
Amateur Hour

madnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant futuremadnss has a brilliant future

Highlights were: had some 1.67 60's, high 7.20's 1/8, spanked a busa 3 times. Have some clutch issues I need help with tho. Ran both pipes to compare. Ill post some pics and vids soon .didn't break my personal best of 11.52. But that's racing sometimes!
Old 16th July 2012
Amateur Hour

O ya, the busa ran 11.0 10.90's at 130 something, he was pi
Pissed I beat him LOL
Know Thy Hog

Old 16th July 2012
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 04
~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnss View Post
O ya, the busa ran 11.0 10.90's at 130 something, he was pi
Pissed I beat him LOL
Thats racing! Good job!
Old 16th July 2012
Amateur Hour

LOL, thanks, I think the grinder pipe has low 11's in it if I can work out a few minor issues
Old 17th July 2012
Amateur Hour

Need help with my clutch issues. The barnett I put in this spring was a Kevlar with a hd spring. Come to find out it was a stock spring. Hence the clutch pulled in easy. I just put in a new Barnett with the stronger spring, had 75 miles on it. Drove the bike sunday, slipping when you roll the throttle on. What am I doing, I'm running BM trick shift fluid. Or am I just getting the primary too hot with a few hot lap passes. Anybody have this issue come up before?

Any how, I like launching the bike with the thunderheader on. The thunderheader was quicker on 1/8 times but a little slower on 1/4 times. The Sampson had better mph also. I think the Sampson pipe will out run the the thunder header on the big end. I ran both pipes Friday so I had a fair comparison. Didn't have any time to try the fun fuel I picked up after changing pipes and dealing with the clutch.

So I need to figure out the clutch issue before I go back to track. The weather sucked for racing, I'm assuming that's why my big end was off. Or I was a little fat on jetting for the weather. I ran both pipes with the jetting I put in on Dyno. After getting bent out of shape with the clutch and the heat I was a little fluuuuussssstttered. Haha. Anyway with the 1.67 60' and 7.28 1/8, those were both personal best, just disappointed on the big end. I did feel the tire break going into 3rd a few times, or maybe it was slipping. The point is, my clutch is burnt, that sucks. So I am up for ideas. Thanks madnss ,
Old 17th July 2012
Amateur Hour

I ran the Sampson first, then the thunderheader, last pass was 1.69 60' 7.30 1/8, then dropped to a 11.79 at 111 mph. So compared to last time. At 115 11.50 with slower 60's and 1/8's. Something was wrong, clutch? Or weather and jetting.
Old 17th July 2012
Amateur Hour

Damn clutch, can you tell I'm p.o. Ha. Just never had this issue
Know Thy Hog