The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Car Talk
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Car Talk Believe it or not sometime we like to talk about our cars and/or their problems. Post any car related item here.

Members Birthdays
DRAWTOOL (64), svoracer (61), curly h (60), mosby (57), barry1967 (47), BiggyJ (47), the_MAD_Baker (46), deadeye (41), SharkMDick (39), bdbecker (31)
Energy One Clutches
Fix My Hog
Biltwell
Superbrace

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd July 2012
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLS
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1980
ezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to behold
Default Help Me Out Here

Friday my battery failed me after wk. it had been going dead if my car didn't start right away.Been having a problem with it stating hot.Anyway got a new battery from Oreilly's and today when I returned my core and ask if I got any rebate cause it was supposed to be warranty for 72 months.Test the battery it was bad so he says he can only give me rebate are core charge which one I want?The core charge was $12. the rebate $49.but he then tells me if I take the rebate he can't give me my core charge back cause now that battery was going back to maker and I had no core.Well to me their battery that wasn't as good as they thought, then this isn't my fault and they should also reimburses my core charge they just don't want to incur the cost the government charges them if they don't have a core for every battery they sell.
Hey thanks for reading my rant but these damn parts store are getting out of hand.
Old 22nd July 2012
Boat Drinks

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

take the 50 bucks and run.
Old 22nd July 2012
Lost in Space

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
jrc4978 is a glorious beacon of lightjrc4978 is a glorious beacon of lightjrc4978 is a glorious beacon of lightjrc4978 is a glorious beacon of lightjrc4978 is a glorious beacon of lightjrc4978 is a glorious beacon of lightjrc4978 is a glorious beacon of lightjrc4978 is a glorious beacon of lightjrc4978 is a glorious beacon of lightjrc4978 is a glorious beacon of lightjrc4978 is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure I understand the situation. Was the battery less than 72 months old and still under warranty? If so, it should not have cost you a penny. Unless you bought a new battery to put it in your vehicle before you took the dead one out to return it. At that point you are simply buying a new battery without a core. What the clerk should have done is sold you the battery with a core charge, and then refunded all money back to you after you brought in the dead battery that is still under warranty. The store then submits the refund to the manufacturer for reimbursement.
Old 22nd July 2012
Boat Drinks

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

All batteries are prorated, over the life of the " warranty ".
Old 22nd July 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250 Hammer Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Gcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireeman View Post
All batteries are prorated, over the life of the " warranty ".
Yep, been that way for a long, long time.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading . "
--Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Performance 1250 kit w/ 30* Reverse Dome Pistons, Smash Level 883 Heads w/ 1.770 Intake/ 1.615 Exhaust & PAC Alloy Beehive Spring Pack, Impact 560 Lift Cams, Hammer Billet Aluminum Intake Manifold, Air Hammer Naked Billet Air Cleaner w/ 3" K&N Element, Mikuni HSR 42, Dynatek 2000P Ignition, Energy One Clutch w/ 15% Diaphram, Muller Power Clutch, Basanni Road Rage 2-1 Exhaust w/ 4" Performance Machine Billet Tip. Drag Specialties 8-Bolt Encapsulated Rotor, Cycle Electric Regulator and Stator.
Know Thy Hog