The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Zipper's Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
jojo, 5lv (66), BobbyB (60), BigBrotherWatching (52), black1200r (45), Jnomad72 (42), michigan113 (39), xl1200c (33)
Motor Stage
S&S Cycle
883 Sportster
Foxcreek Leather

Superbrace.com

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th April 2005
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model:
Sportster/Buell Year:
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHS
Other Motorcycle Year: 1988
blueglide88 is on a distinguished roadblueglide88 is on a distinguished roadblueglide88 is on a distinguished roadblueglide88 is on a distinguished roadblueglide88 is on a distinguished road
Default Repacking Baffles

What do you guys use to repack baffles? I've just put dual Cycle Shacks on my bagger, and I want to tone it down just a bit by wrapping the baffle. But I don't want it to blow out too soon, I want something to last. Any ideas? Anything out there that lasts a long time in baffles?
Old 10th April 2005
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Edster is just really niceEdster is just really niceEdster is just really niceEdster is just really niceEdster is just really niceEdster is just really niceEdster is just really niceEdster is just really niceEdster is just really niceEdster is just really niceEdster is just really nice
Default Repack options.

I reckon woven fiberglass would last a while or even heavy grade steel wool. You might even try the stainless steel scouring pads as well. They are of a pretty thick guage and won't rust out. Or you could use a combination of glass and steel. Another idea would to uses the asbestods exhaust wrap.
I hope this is helpful.
Chris
Old 30th July 2012
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
dpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of light

any ideas from anyone else need to do mine this weekend