The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sportster Motorcycle Custom Finishing
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Custom Finishing Here is where you can discuss various ways of customizing your Sportster motorcycle or Buell motorcycle.

Members Birthdays
Motor Stage
Licks Holiday
Energy One Clutches
Lowbrow Customs

Hammer Performance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2008
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2002
brylis04 is on a distinguished roadbrylis04 is on a distinguished roadbrylis04 is on a distinguished roadbrylis04 is on a distinguished road
Default Single side saddle bag

Just rigged up a single side saddle bag for the scoot and changed the handle bars around for the millionth time. Also did some playin with pinstripe brushes on the battery. Oh, one more thing blacked out the sissy bar.

Let the critique begin.

Message Paid for by:
men and women serving in the Armed Forces.
Old 3rd October 2008
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1968
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLC
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: FXSTD
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
superwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good, not sure I like the single sided bags those. Not your bike, just the look in general,
Old 3rd October 2008
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
dragon62 is a glorious beacon of lightdragon62 is a glorious beacon of lightdragon62 is a glorious beacon of lightdragon62 is a glorious beacon of lightdragon62 is a glorious beacon of lightdragon62 is a glorious beacon of lightdragon62 is a glorious beacon of lightdragon62 is a glorious beacon of lightdragon62 is a glorious beacon of lightdragon62 is a glorious beacon of lightdragon62 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

That might be the way I may be hangin' mine....got a set of willie and max slants that I was considering mounting single.....not to bad.....

aka - Ol' Headbanger of the Popes of Hell MC
Old 3rd October 2008
Senior Master Bolter Oner

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond repute

I rocked a single bag before I went full on Sporty bagger. I liked having the stuff along for the ride with the single. Looks good!~
Old 3rd October 2008
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2002
brylis04 is on a distinguished roadbrylis04 is on a distinguished roadbrylis04 is on a distinguished roadbrylis04 is on a distinguished road

All it took was about 6 pop rivits and a drill bit. Did it all up under the seat.
Know Thy Hog

Old 8th August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Other Motorcycle Model: MZ Baghira
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
tony_dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys! I know I promised pictures of my Sporty long ago, but I finally finished all I wanted to do (for now ). Purely aesthetics yes, but I think it looks great! What do you guys think? Handlebars have a set of 1" risers, flip was done completely with stock parts, saddle bag did come in dual, but liked the single setup better. Bought the bags at leatherup, raisers....don't remember

Old 8th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1998 S= Superior Model
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
shotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine with a single bag
Old 8th August 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Team America 999s
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Ducati SC1000
Other Motorcycle Year: 06
jcasella is a glorious beacon of lightjcasella is a glorious beacon of lightjcasella is a glorious beacon of lightjcasella is a glorious beacon of lightjcasella is a glorious beacon of lightjcasella is a glorious beacon of lightjcasella is a glorious beacon of lightjcasella is a glorious beacon of lightjcasella is a glorious beacon of lightjcasella is a glorious beacon of lightjcasella is a glorious beacon of light

Ran a single bag on my fxsts for years. Previous owner had spent a ton in chrome, swingarm, under fender splash guard and I was shocked when I removed the bags to do some signal mods at how much was hidden by them. It was no tourer, only used one bag so there you have it. Noticed that my OCD friends were freaked out by it (so I used it to torment them) lol.