The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
DRAWTOOL (64), svoracer (61), curly h (60), mosby (57), barry1967 (47), BiggyJ (47), the_MAD_Baker (46), deadeye (41), SharkMDick (39), bdbecker (31)
RYCA Motors
Get Lowered
Biltwell
Superbrace

Sky Smith Insurance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st August 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki DR200
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
alvycolt45 is a splendid one to beholdalvycolt45 is a splendid one to beholdalvycolt45 is a splendid one to beholdalvycolt45 is a splendid one to beholdalvycolt45 is a splendid one to beholdalvycolt45 is a splendid one to beholdalvycolt45 is a splendid one to beholdalvycolt45 is a splendid one to beholdalvycolt45 is a splendid one to beholdalvycolt45 is a splendid one to beholdalvycolt45 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.usridernews.com/2012/08/2...dson-for-2013/
Old 21st August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi California EV
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
jharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Man 2 View Post
Another dissapointing model year, When will I ever learn. No Sporty Sportster, No Buell Blast replacement, No water cooled Bagger. I guess Metalic paint and real Bronze badging taxed the R+D department to the Max. What a JOKE the MoCo has become!! Bring on the Victories, I'm tired of this crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBryant View Post
I don't want to agree with you, but there's no other choice. To add insult to injury: Harley is micro managing their dealerships so that customers are stuck with mediocre sales and service. I too am disgusted with a new color on yesterdays motorcycle. What's that saying? You can put a pig in a dress, but you still have a pig.

I really like my XL1200L but Harley needs to evolve a little faster than a snails pace. Period
I think that if your looking for the latest and greatest your not going to find it on a Harley.

For instance, a radiator just doesn't belong on a Harley. If your looking for a radiator I'd buy a Ford.

Of course, I use to think that electric starters were for wimps. And I've got the scars to prove it.

When it comes to supporting their dealers Harley gets into that Nazi mode. You have to have this many square feet of clothing, you have to have this many fat boys, this many fat bobs, this many sportsters, etc., etc. Well it's good for Harley but, kinda' sucks for the dealers.

Think of Harley as just evolving much, much slower than the other manufacturer's.

Jim in Italy
'93 1200
4"Extended Jaybrake Forward Controls
Wide Wishbone Girder Front End
Super E Carb w/Forcewinder Air Cleaner
WetDreamz Pipes
Holographic Metal Flake Paint Job
Four Piston Jaybrake Calipers front & back
16" Carlini Apes
Old 21st August 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
Other Motorcycle Year: 1997
Speedfreak is just really niceSpeedfreak is just really niceSpeedfreak is just really niceSpeedfreak is just really niceSpeedfreak is just really niceSpeedfreak is just really niceSpeedfreak is just really niceSpeedfreak is just really niceSpeedfreak is just really niceSpeedfreak is just really niceSpeedfreak is just really nice

Not very impressive.No 883 custom which could win back some metric entry level riders that arent crazy about flat finishes and aluminum wheels.
Only other real complaint is the same I had last year and its about those fugly wheels on the custom.
Need to push some lace wheels in chrome onto that bike.
If I had more confidence in my selling dealer installing chrome lace wheels I would have purchased a custom.
Old 21st August 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL 1200 C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: Motomel X3M 125
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
krono is a glorious beacon of lightkrono is a glorious beacon of lightkrono is a glorious beacon of lightkrono is a glorious beacon of lightkrono is a glorious beacon of lightkrono is a glorious beacon of lightkrono is a glorious beacon of lightkrono is a glorious beacon of lightkrono is a glorious beacon of lightkrono is a glorious beacon of lightkrono is a glorious beacon of light

Sad that they killed the XR1200, I was hoping to have one someday... there goes the sport part of the sportsters... this line is a big meh for me, I dont care, I will keep my current bike...
Old 21st August 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: '12
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: '14
modular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfvc77 View Post
Just 2, Street Bob and Super Glide Custom
Yup, same as last year. I had heard the 103 would be across the entire Dyna line.

Old 21st August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883 SOLD
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
lfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by modular View Post
Yup, same as last year. I had heard the 103 would be across the entire Dyna line.
It is optional (at an extra cost) for those models.
Old 21st August 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Year: '12
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: '14
modular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to all

Looks like a $450 option under the HD-1 program. I was told they would be standard. There is not any one model that stands out to me this year. I can only think they are staying as-is and some changes are in the works.....one would hope.
Old 21st August 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLX-61
Sportster/Buell Year: 1983
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL350
Other Motorcycle Year: 1969
83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of

Not too bad...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it (especially if you don't know what you're doing). Most Sportster problems are owner-induced.
Old 21st August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Cruz is a jewel in the roughCruz is a jewel in the roughCruz is a jewel in the roughCruz is a jewel in the roughCruz is a jewel in the roughCruz is a jewel in the roughCruz is a jewel in the roughCruz is a jewel in the roughCruz is a jewel in the roughCruz is a jewel in the roughCruz is a jewel in the rough

Not going to lie, that Street Bob with the 103" and some custom options (drag bars, red wheels) is calling my name...
Old 22nd August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883 SOLD
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
lfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83XLX View Post
Not too bad...

It looks like my friend's bike, that I've been working on for the last three years, turning a 883C into this

Know Thy Hog