The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Progressive Suspension
NHRS Performance
NRHS Performance Long 2
Speedway Instruments

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200cc
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
redi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud of

hahahaha! Your so stupid! ...kd,kd. I got one too! only I was pullin wheelies on a dirt bike in a plowed field with nothin but flip flops and shorts on.I went down hard.lol.OOPSIE!
Old 21st August 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLS roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1985
iNSaNeSHaNe is a splendid one to beholdiNSaNeSHaNe is a splendid one to beholdiNSaNeSHaNe is a splendid one to beholdiNSaNeSHaNe is a splendid one to beholdiNSaNeSHaNe is a splendid one to beholdiNSaNeSHaNe is a splendid one to beholdiNSaNeSHaNe is a splendid one to beholdiNSaNeSHaNe is a splendid one to beholdiNSaNeSHaNe is a splendid one to beholdiNSaNeSHaNe is a splendid one to beholdiNSaNeSHaNe is a splendid one to behold

I got a bad one like that on my arm when I pulled my bike off me when I dumped it back in 78 and I can still see it when I look for it. since then I have learned about - Silvadene-Cream - WoW how it works to heel those bad burns quickly, with minimal scaring
Old 21st August 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
merc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud of

slip and burn..that sucks. I would have fell too and add that to the embarssament.
Well maybe I wouldn't be embarrased - But I might cry
Old 21st August 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
mr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to behold

Just thought of this: DMSO is awesome on burns. My father-in-law worked in a chemical plant and always kept a bottle around; my wife turned me on to the stuff. It really does wonders for healing burns and has many other uses as well - google it!

I was a little surprised to see bottles of DMSO for sale at a shop in Bandera, TX...then it clicked, it's a biker shop and a tack shop, and DMSO is popular for treating equine injuries. So perhaps check your local feed store, equestrian or tack shop.

-m
Old 21st August 2012
Boat Drinks

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

Dmso is a transfer liquid...it is absorbed by the skin immediately and with take whatever is mixed with it.

Do not be around the person while they use it....death breath, the worst bad breath conceivable.

Old 21st August 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 89
jaymo is just really nicejaymo is just really nicejaymo is just really nicejaymo is just really nicejaymo is just really nicejaymo is just really nicejaymo is just really nicejaymo is just really nicejaymo is just really nicejaymo is just really nicejaymo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by redi2ride View Post
hahahaha! Your so stupid! ...kd,kd. I got one too! only I was pullin wheelies on a dirt bike in a plowed field with nothin but flip flops and shorts on.I went down hard.lol.OOPSIE!
NUH-UH, YOU ARE YOU BIG DUMB DOODY HEAD.
told you
Old 21st August 2012
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1982
Other Motorcycle Model: XL project
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
Flame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond repute

You're gonna hafta be tuff....

Gamertag, Xbox Live: Bikerdude Dref
Old 21st August 2012
Rider Of Motorcycles

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L/1200L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Baphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond repute

If they had digital cameras back when I was 14 I could have showed you one that could make you puke. I was on a Honda SL125 and went to air up the rear tire. Instead of walking around the bike to kneel down, I just reached over the seat with the air hose and when I got the nozzle to the valve stem my arm was firmly planted on the exhaust. I heard the sizzle, smelled the burning flesh, and when I pulled my arm away there was skin still stuck to the exhaust smoking. I was in agony. As a military dependent I got free medical and went to the hospital and was told I had a 2nd degree burn. I still have a scar from it that looks like a large slice of salami on my arm. I'm a bit gun shy around exhaust to this day.