The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > GENERAL AREA > Other Motorcycle Discussion
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Other Motorcycle Discussion Non-Sportster an non-Buell discussion area

Members Birthdays
pwssr, petefwa, skeeter883 (66), roadogette (65), khaskins (60), iriegnome (53), sportster808 (50), ironheadmax (48), matt275 (43), DJb (42), HDFirefighter (36)
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd November 2017
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster Superlow 1250
Sportster/Buell Year: 2014
hexnut has a reputation beyond reputehexnut has a reputation beyond reputehexnut has a reputation beyond reputehexnut has a reputation beyond reputehexnut has a reputation beyond reputehexnut has a reputation beyond reputehexnut has a reputation beyond reputehexnut has a reputation beyond reputehexnut has a reputation beyond reputehexnut has a reputation beyond reputehexnut has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of ugly bikes out there. Sport bikes are ugly to me but not to others.
Supertrapp Supermegs exhaust
1200 gearing, super brace
Progressive suspension front & rear
Old 3rd November 2017
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1978 XLCH project
Other Motorcycle Model: Sportster XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1975
45Brit has a reputation beyond repute45Brit has a reputation beyond repute45Brit has a reputation beyond repute45Brit has a reputation beyond repute45Brit has a reputation beyond repute45Brit has a reputation beyond repute45Brit has a reputation beyond repute45Brit has a reputation beyond repute45Brit has a reputation beyond repute45Brit has a reputation beyond repute45Brit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCarFan View Post
I rode one a few months back. Motor was strong and smooth, almost Honda-like. I was able to get in to neutral, though it was a bit touchy.

The ergos are all wrong though. Pegs are too high and forward and you heel hits the rubber pad they put on the exhaust. I was riding with my right heel on the peg with my toes out which is the opposite of what you want. I have relatively short legs (29-30 inseam) and it was way, way too tight. Every review I've seen said the same thing.

Other than that I really liked it. With rearsets and a taller seat it'd be real fun on backroads. Not really fast, but fun.
What he said.

I test rode one and in the right package, it could be good; but it isn’t in the right package