The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > GENERAL AREA > Other Motorcycle Discussion
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Other Motorcycle Discussion Non-Sportster an non-Buell discussion area

Members Birthdays
cbsportster (67), sjeccles (50), 2011_Nightster (50), reeb (47), Maff (47), jl_rotary (40), UMLsilva (32)
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2017
I am the great Cornholio!

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GT550
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
ParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond repute

My Heritage is a 96. It's a rigid mount and just chugs along. I love it in the sweepers because I sit lower and feel like I am part of the bike rather than being on top of the bike like I am on the sporty.

But it does not have the same acceleration as the sporty and feels much heavier (which it is).

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Click here for the Sportsterpedia! for technical information & advice
Old 15th December 2017
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200Lr
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLHP
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2016
Other Motorcycle Model: 13 Guzzi V7 / 11 Duc 696
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
Bone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond reputeBone has a reputation beyond repute

It's unfortunate the new bike carries the name Heritage Softail because it had little other than looks in common with the previous Heritage.

The new bike is smaller, lighter, faster, handles better and in my eyes is in every conceivable way better than the previous generations of bikes that carried that name.

I used to like Dynas much better than Softails, and I wanted to like the Switchback, but it was too low with too little ground clearance.

This new Heritage blows it and most every Dyna I've ever ridden away.

Now that said my RK is more comfortable still, but it does way a good bit more and carries that weight higher (especially with my police seat).