The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > GENERAL AREA > Other Motorcycle Discussion
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Other Motorcycle Discussion Non-Sportster an non-Buell discussion area

Members Birthdays
pwssr, petefwa, skeeter883 (66), roadogette (65), khaskins (60), iriegnome (53), sportster808 (50), ironheadmax (48), matt275 (43), DJb (42), HDFirefighter (36)
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th November 2017
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2014
Sport_north is a splendid one to beholdSport_north is a splendid one to beholdSport_north is a splendid one to beholdSport_north is a splendid one to beholdSport_north is a splendid one to beholdSport_north is a splendid one to beholdSport_north is a splendid one to beholdSport_north is a splendid one to beholdSport_north is a splendid one to beholdSport_north is a splendid one to beholdSport_north is a splendid one to behold

So in the meantime I found this:
http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2017/11/17/...idsize-market/

Bone, I agree. While I certainly appreciate the Japanese bikes for what they are, I just tend to like the European and American styling more. I'll bet your Guzzi is a real blast to ride too! I've mainly followed the Ninja 650 because it's done so well as flat tracker and is an affordable enough platform for a privateer to run. A Norton competitor with British styling will be a nice addition though for sure.

I did get to see two of the new Nortons at last year's Motorcycle Supershow in Toronto and they were really impressive up close.

The fact that it looks like these 650s will have engines sourced from China makes me think that they'll go through some heavy reworking by Norton though. From what I recall that's what happened with their TT bike. I think the engine was sourced from Aprilia but then heavily modified and pretty much entirely rebuilt.