The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > REGIONAL FORUMS > United States of America > Northeast > Rhode Island
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2016
Senior Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Boudwood has a reputation beyond reputeBoudwood has a reputation beyond reputeBoudwood has a reputation beyond reputeBoudwood has a reputation beyond reputeBoudwood has a reputation beyond reputeBoudwood has a reputation beyond reputeBoudwood has a reputation beyond reputeBoudwood has a reputation beyond reputeBoudwood has a reputation beyond reputeBoudwood has a reputation beyond reputeBoudwood has a reputation beyond repute

Did you make the summer trek to Rocky Point? Nothing but open space now.
I'm from central MA but we always made a trip to Scarboro beach and Rocky Point.
Old 17th January 2016
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, I have been to Rocky Point, but can't remember anything in particular. And Scarboro ? I remember nothing but the name.

My favorite beach was (and I am going to screw up the spelling) Misquamacuit.

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1
Old 17th January 2016
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C - Sold
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Softail Slim S
Other Motorcycle Year: 2017
moparnut72 has a reputation beyond reputemoparnut72 has a reputation beyond reputemoparnut72 has a reputation beyond reputemoparnut72 has a reputation beyond reputemoparnut72 has a reputation beyond reputemoparnut72 has a reputation beyond reputemoparnut72 has a reputation beyond reputemoparnut72 has a reputation beyond reputemoparnut72 has a reputation beyond reputemoparnut72 has a reputation beyond reputemoparnut72 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been to Rocky Point, Rho Dyland. Best clam chowder in the world back in the day. Former resident (grew up in) Mystic Ct just across the state line.

Back in the 60's my buddy and I would have to decide where we would go on Sunday night, the only free night we had together. He rode a Triumph and I a BMW. I don't remember the exact circumstances now but due to the blue laws some activities were banned in some states but not in others. Deciding on whether we wanted to dance and chase women, drink a beer or listen to live music depended on which state we visited, Conn, Mass or R.I., they were all different. I think Rho Dyland allowed live music and dancing but we had to drink Coke. A joint in Narragansett was where we usually went. Sometime we went to Misquamicut (sp?) Beach if we didn't want to go too far.

Damn those were the carefree fun days except for the hassels by the cops, nobody liked bikes much back then.
kk