The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
Dead Henry (70), iustabfast (63), dcinpa (61), jwursta (61), G-TIFF (59), TexasHarley (59), CROW (57), Darrell (56), dotom, H34TH3N (55), TessArooo
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2013
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

ryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethebike61 View Post
Not if YOU own it. You could ruin the cool factor of a Vincent.

Give it up, son, you're out of your league.

And stop smoking those strange smelling cigarettes.
Hey Mike your walking a thin line on getting booted
and you now live in my Bozo Bin

C Ya......
Old 16th February 2013
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250 Hammer Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Gcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffa1 View Post
Paint finally finished!

Turned out great and I'll bet it's a handfull to ride!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading . "
--Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Performance 1250 kit w/ 30* Reverse Dome Pistons, Smash Level 883 Heads w/ 1.770 Intake/ 1.615 Exhaust & PAC Alloy Beehive Spring Pack, Impact 560 Lift Cams, Hammer Billet Aluminum Intake Manifold, Air Hammer Naked Billet Air Cleaner w/ 3" K&N Element, Mikuni HSR 42, Dynatek 2000P Ignition, Energy One Clutch w/ 15% Diaphram, Muller Power Clutch, Basanni Road Rage 2-1 Exhaust w/ 4" Performance Machine Billet Tip. Drag Specialties 8-Bolt Encapsulated Rotor, Cycle Electric Regulator and Stator.
Old 16th February 2013
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW K-1200/GT
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
mikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcram399 View Post
Turned out great and I'll bet it's a handfull to ride!
I'll wager it isn't. In that frame with those brakes suspension I bet it is one extremely easy to ride fast bike.
Old 17th February 2013
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: Xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1967
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 6566
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1958
Model H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to all

I sometimes find myself "lost" on the forum. This was the best 2 hours i have "lost" reading this post from start to finish.

Very nice motorcycle.
Old 18th February 2013
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

DR DICK has a reputation beyond reputeDR DICK has a reputation beyond reputeDR DICK has a reputation beyond reputeDR DICK has a reputation beyond reputeDR DICK has a reputation beyond reputeDR DICK has a reputation beyond reputeDR DICK has a reputation beyond reputeDR DICK has a reputation beyond reputeDR DICK has a reputation beyond reputeDR DICK has a reputation beyond reputeDR DICK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model H View Post
I sometimes find myself "lost" on the forum. This was the best 2 hours i have "lost" reading this post from start to finish.

Very nice motorcycle.
dont get any ideas.
your gonna have to be happy with 84". thank you very much.
Old 18th February 2013
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: Xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1967
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 6566
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1958
Model H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to allModel H is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR DICK View Post
dont get any ideas.
your gonna have to be happy with 84". thank you very much.
No new ideas...I really do love that old chopper.
Old 15th November 2013
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1973
kopcicle is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.counterman.net/v-articles...teamroller.pdf

Just a lil prize at the end of the rainbow for the next guy that reads all the way through 19 pages .

I really am a fan of sorts having been acquainted with Trock , Truit , Branch over the years . I don't mean to say I know them but I sure spent a dollar or two .

I got real good at swaping clutch and gearbox . Otherwise I'm just another has been that never was , with one exception . 10.44 @ 133.xx ? sure , been there , done that , seen that . used the t-shirt for a baby wipe years ago . Sputhe just made the whole process lighter , smarter and faster . I'd be willing to bet it's no easier on clutch and greabox ...

Hey tnx for the forum

~kop ,

Last edited by kopcicle; 15th November 2013 at 06:27.. Reason: senility and or advanced hangover symptoms
Old 15th November 2013
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sputhe Iron head
Sportster/Buell Year: 1971
waffa1 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Sputhe will be up for sale if any one is interested. I'm just not using it.
20 mile since built, built using mainly new parts, engine to all intents is new.
Over $24,000 spent on it, make me an offer. I'll deliver the bike to any sea port in the UK free of charge & assist with shipping. The bike has a UK Title (Registration Document) & is registered as "Historic" 1972.
Old 15th November 2013
Currently Unstoppable

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1961
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Xl 883n
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2010
Other Motorcycle Model: XL CE Tribute
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
brianbbs67 has a reputation beyond reputebrianbbs67 has a reputation beyond reputebrianbbs67 has a reputation beyond reputebrianbbs67 has a reputation beyond reputebrianbbs67 has a reputation beyond reputebrianbbs67 has a reputation beyond reputebrianbbs67 has a reputation beyond reputebrianbbs67 has a reputation beyond reputebrianbbs67 has a reputation beyond reputebrianbbs67 has a reputation beyond reputebrianbbs67 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopcicle View Post
http://www.counterman.net/v-articles...teamroller.pdf

Just a lil prize at the end of the rainbow for the next guy that reads all the way through 19 pages .

I really am a fan of sorts having been acquainted with Trock , Truit , Branch over the years . I don't mean to say I know them but I sure spent a dollar or two .

I got real good at swaping clutch and gearbox . Otherwise I'm just another has been that never was , with one exception . 10.44 @ 133.xx ? sure , been there , done that , seen that . used the t-shirt for a baby wipe years ago . Sputhe just made the whole process lighter , smarter and faster . I'd be willing to bet it's no easier on clutch and greabox ...

Hey tnx for the forum

~kop ,
Cool post and read, I think you will like it here!
Sponsored Links
Old 15th November 2013
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1973
kopcicle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffa1 View Post
My Sputhe will be up for sale if any one is interested. I'm just not using it.
20 mile since built, built using mainly new parts, engine to all intents is new.
Over $24,000 spent on it, make me an offer. I'll deliver the bike to any sea port in the UK free of charge & assist with shipping. The bike has a UK Title (Registration Document) & is registered as "Historic" 1972.

"You may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

I too have found that once it is finished the desire to own it wanes . I hope the new owner not only appreciates the finished result but the process that brought it to life .

~kop