The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW K-1200/GT
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
mikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra...good View Post
OK, I'll take your 24, raise you to 48, and by the time 48 hours have passed, I will still be laughing at you; and nobody will really care what you had said. 3661, OK dude, time to change the meds!!!!!!!!!!
Don't know, do you. Know why you don't know? Because all the 'Harley Guys' that you do know are a bunch of kids who don't know anyone who was riding in the 1940's, whereas I'm just a 63 year old whose mother rode in the 40's and whose friends fathers were motor cops and riders before anyone on this forum was born.

So here goes....the term 3661 was coined in 1936. Now, use your very limited knowledge and come up with the rest of the story. Wait, I'll help your out.....61.....as in 61 cubic inch displacement. You know, the 1936 Kunckle. A term that didn't gain widespread use until around 1939.

Can you hear me laughing all the way up there in 'we only get to ride for about 5 good months per year' land, or is it getting cold already?

I'll be thinking about you in the winter when I'm out on the BMW or XLCH and you're snowed in.
Old 22nd August 2012
Custom Bike Builder

mikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud ofmikethebike61 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Retardent View Post
Google has him covered
I was refering to the term '3661'.

And, yes, google has Pete covered. Worlds Fastest Knuckle-Head'. Next time you're in town, PM me and I'll give my phone number to you and we can go ride my favorite 2 hour loop. Very little traffic, good corners, 2 lane, very good coffee/dessert at the 1/2 way point. Lightly patrolled. You have to promise not to post the route. Don't need a local 'Deals Gap' situation.
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd August 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLS roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1985
iNSaNeSHaNe has a reputation beyond reputeiNSaNeSHaNe has a reputation beyond reputeiNSaNeSHaNe has a reputation beyond reputeiNSaNeSHaNe has a reputation beyond reputeiNSaNeSHaNe has a reputation beyond reputeiNSaNeSHaNe has a reputation beyond reputeiNSaNeSHaNe has a reputation beyond reputeiNSaNeSHaNe has a reputation beyond reputeiNSaNeSHaNe has a reputation beyond reputeiNSaNeSHaNe has a reputation beyond reputeiNSaNeSHaNe has a reputation beyond repute

129 is fun I like to play on Wayah rd myself not as many Doofussses and not as publicized then there is 28 it's cool as well
Old 23rd August 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNSaNeSHaNe View Post
129 is fun I like to play on Wayah rd myself not as many Doofussses and not as publicized then there is 28 it's cool as well
When our boys were just 1-digit-midgets we camped at Fontana at least once a year. Back then only a few riders went to the Gap, then some magazine ran an article on it and it became the holy grail of east coast motorcycles. If I ran the H-P I'd use KillBoy.com's photos of cars all the way on the wrong side of the road on blind curves and fine the drivers $10,000.00 for a 1st offense. I haven't ridden a bike on the Gap since 1985.

28 IS a very good road.
Old 16th February 2013
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sputhe Iron head
Sportster/Buell Year: 1971
waffa1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Paint finally finished!

Old 16th February 2013
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 84 xl paughco rigid
Other Motorcycle Model: 70 xlch
mct496 is a name known to allmct496 is a name known to allmct496 is a name known to allmct496 is a name known to allmct496 is a name known to allmct496 is a name known to allmct496 is a name known to allmct496 is a name known to allmct496 is a name known to allmct496 is a name known to allmct496 is a name known to all

WOW thats one sweet bike looks great
Old 16th February 2013
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1969
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1966 XLCH
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW Twin
Other Motorcycle Year: 82
Monte03 has much to be proud ofMonte03 has much to be proud ofMonte03 has much to be proud ofMonte03 has much to be proud ofMonte03 has much to be proud ofMonte03 has much to be proud ofMonte03 has much to be proud ofMonte03 has much to be proud ofMonte03 has much to be proud ofMonte03 has much to be proud ofMonte03 has much to be proud of

I Said to MySelf, WHOLLY SHIT, enjoy that Ride...
Old 16th February 2013

Sportster/Buell Year: 1960
brucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud of

waffa1,way to go. what a,piece of work!
72 1000cc barrels and heads, s&s 41/2'' flywheels, sifton cams, s&s super B w/ zippers thunderjet w/yost powertube, andrews gears,and shafts, competition engineering kevlar wet or dry clutch, 72 oil pump, morris magneto w/auto advance and single fire module, cycle electric generator w/electronic regulator,73 cu.in.
Old 16th February 2013

Sportster/Buell Year: 1960
brucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud ofbrucstoudt has much to be proud of

what frame is that,waffa1?
Old 16th February 2013
Custom Bike Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucstoudt View Post
what frame is that,waffa1?
I think that is either a Norton Featherbed or a really nice copy of one. Either way, that is one exceptional bike.