The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
Dead Henry (70), iustabfast (63), dcinpa (61), jwursta (61), G-TIFF (59), TexasHarley (59), CROW (57), Darrell (56), dotom, H34TH3N (55), TessArooo
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th April 2013
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha SRX-6
Other Motorcycle Year: 1986
Geekster has a reputation beyond reputeGeekster has a reputation beyond reputeGeekster has a reputation beyond reputeGeekster has a reputation beyond reputeGeekster has a reputation beyond reputeGeekster has a reputation beyond reputeGeekster has a reputation beyond reputeGeekster has a reputation beyond reputeGeekster has a reputation beyond reputeGeekster has a reputation beyond reputeGeekster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOWNDOG View Post
When I'm using autotune it comes back and asks "scale or cap" because some values are over 127.5. It appears that when I pick "scale" it increased my displacement.

This is on a stock 883 with SE super-sucker and VnH Big Radius pipes.

??????

HD
Had the same problem a few pages back in this thread. It was generally determined that the problem must be an exhaust leak or reversion due to very open mufflers. I did cure the problem by installing anti-reversion cones.
Old 19th April 2013
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawsaki ZZR 600
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
pantera will become famous soon enoughpantera will become famous soon enoughpantera will become famous soon enoughpantera will become famous soon enoughpantera will become famous soon enoughpantera will become famous soon enough

Just installed the Power Vision on my 2007 1200R... what a trick device.

Setup... SE ll slip-ons, & SE stage 1 breather... everything else is stock. I selected the configured corresponding tune Dynojet supplied... runs better... but seems "jumpy" mostly slowing down/idle. Does this level off once the ECM learns the new tune?

I was alarmed to see the temperature reading... averaging around 300F... is this normal? My oil is around 150F... I have no idea what the average internal temp should be (that is what the PV monitors?) What temp should I be worried at?

Lastly... the diagnostic port on the bike had three prongs... a a spot for a forth, but the wire prong was not there... is that normal? I assume if there was a problem, the power vision would not be able to read my ecm?
Old 20th April 2013
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 2009 XL883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
crazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the rough

my PV showed temps as high as 330 at times. not sure where it gets the reading from tho (what part of motor). but gotta remember, the oil gets its heat from the motor, and its not gonna show the same temps, unless the motor gets very hot. but you'd be in trouble by then
1997 Pontian Grand Am SE (GAOwnersClub.com)
Old 22nd April 2013
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo XL Sidecar
JasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud of

The sensor is in the rear head on top in the chimney.... the et is measured there. Your intake temp is measured by the iat built into the tmap in the manifold behind the throttle body

Jason Sarratt
2401 SC-PBG 1350cc
www.hellcat-customs.com

Last edited by JasonSarratt; 22nd April 2013 at 13:06..
Old 22nd April 2013
Chief Master Mechanic

crazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the roughcrazyeyez is a jewel in the rough

there ya go. lol

I re emailed DynoJet about my issue. if this don't work, gonna have to call them.
Old 22nd April 2013
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: White Hot Denim XR1200X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
KevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud of

Don't worry about that temp.

RTM:

for sportsters, change the AT temperature range setting to:
min = 280°F
max = 410°F
Old 23rd April 2013
Chief Master Mechanic

FINALLY got an email back from DynoJet...

seems this is more of a common issue then I thought... and he says that rerouting the interface cable away from the ignition and plug wires might help.

how y'all running the cable? ran mine up under the tank, best I could with out removing the tank.
Old 23rd April 2013
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Forty Eight
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Other Motorcycle Model: Street Bob
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
Billyj7175 has a brilliant futureBillyj7175 has a brilliant futureBillyj7175 has a brilliant futureBillyj7175 has a brilliant futureBillyj7175 has a brilliant futureBillyj7175 has a brilliant futureBillyj7175 has a brilliant futureBillyj7175 has a brilliant futureBillyj7175 has a brilliant futureBillyj7175 has a brilliant futureBillyj7175 has a brilliant future

Should the kPa's flutter?

I was watching my kPa's while riding and noticed that they seem to flutter when there's very little load on the motor (cruise).

Is this normal?
Old 23rd April 2013
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
HOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekster View Post
Had the same problem a few pages back in this thread. It was generally determined that the problem must be an exhaust leak or reversion due to very open mufflers. I did cure the problem by installing anti-reversion cones.
I still have my baffles in. What are anti-reversion cones?

Bottom line, you cured the "problem" but are you getting better performance, mpg, etc.?

I'm not trying to be difficult but the point of what I'm doing is to make my bike run better. I don't want to end up modding my bike to suit a possible glitch in software or electronics or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

HD
Old 23rd April 2013
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
gargoyle13 has disabled reputation

Hello everyone,
I have a 2012 1200 Custom Sportster completely stock. Recently my wife purchased a Power Vision PV1 for me. I have loaded DynoJets 'Improved Stock Tune' and the bike runs real well.
I have also learned that FuelMoto also has a 'Improved Stock Tune' for my bike. Not really sure if it is any different from DynoJets Tune. Since my PV was not purchased from them I do not have access to this Tune and I would like to try it.
Does anyone have a copy of FM's 'Improved Stock Tune' for my bike that I could try?
Really not sure that there is whole lot of difference if any between the two Tunes, but would still like to experiment for fun.
Thanks for any help.
jclarktnkr@verizon.net