The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Chopper & Bobber Talk
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Chopper & Bobber Talk Talk about your Sportster motorcycle chopper or bobber!!.

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd December 2017
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: none
Sportster/Buell Year: 0
jimmyess333 is a glorious beacon of lightjimmyess333 is a glorious beacon of lightjimmyess333 is a glorious beacon of lightjimmyess333 is a glorious beacon of lightjimmyess333 is a glorious beacon of lightjimmyess333 is a glorious beacon of lightjimmyess333 is a glorious beacon of lightjimmyess333 is a glorious beacon of lightjimmyess333 is a glorious beacon of lightjimmyess333 is a glorious beacon of lightjimmyess333 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowerider View Post
I've seen that in a few different builds. Do you stretch it out rearward for more legroom, or just for a more low-slung look (or both?)

I'm about 6' and don't want my knees stickin' up, so I was going to go with forward controls.
That's what I was thinking, more legroom. I'm 6ft with long legs so I like to stretch them out or at least have the option. The older I get, the more cramped I get on long rides. My Dyna has mids but I added highway pegs up front.
Old 22nd December 2017
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Road King (FLHP)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
lowerider is just really nicelowerider is just really nicelowerider is just really nicelowerider is just really nicelowerider is just really nicelowerider is just really nicelowerider is just really nicelowerider is just really nicelowerider is just really nicelowerider is just really nicelowerider is just really nice

Following up previous post with some pictures...

Once the engine was free of the frame, it was evident there was lot of leakage from the rocker covers (the oil shows up even more when using flash).

Upon disassembly, it was clear that it was time for new gaskets.

Getting things cleaned up and put back together

Once the rocker covers were reassembled and torqued down, it was time to clean off the oil w/ brake kleen and little brushes. This is a little better than the "before" pics.

On to the wiring harness. It was fun pulling this apart and seeing how the factory wires things up.

And here's the first batch of toys from Paughco