The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1989
Ron Richtofen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I just bought an Ironhead

Well I went and did it I just brought home a Sportster. I posted a story a couple of months ago ( the Girl's Bike thread) about riding my wife's one day and got more positive comments and looks than riding my own bike. She has got it looking pretty nice. I said if that's what happens on a girl's bike I'm in sign me up.
Well by a strange set of circumstances I am now the proud owner of a very cool 1969 ironhead rigid springer chopper. It's the genuine old school article, and has been in storage almost 20 years. She's not the youngest girl at the ball, but she'll still turn their heads. Getting used to shifting and braking on the opposite side was weird but I'm going to really enjoy this bike, well, as far as the wee coffin tank will take me.......
Old 3rd April 2005
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
Other Motorcycle Model: Yes
HrdlyDangrs has disabled reputation

COOL!!!!...RAT FINK FOREVER...OLE' SKOOL RULES!!...now lets see some pics!
Later, Hrdly
Old 3rd April 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1989
Ron Richtofen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! Wife's in Phoenix this week with the digital cam, next week I'll post some pics.
Old 3rd April 2005
Rider Of The Iron Steed

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1978
IronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond reputeIronMick has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ron,

Welcome to yet another ironhead guy. This is amazing! It's like almost every day we get another here. Cool!

Visit Mick's WebSite
[And Check Out My Autobiog]
Old 4th April 2005
Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the wonderful world of Ironheads...can't wait to see the pics