The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
black pearl (73), SDREDD (56), pig (54), BonRu (52), cbass (44), ssm7530 (42), HawkeyeTX, SxysCowboy (34)
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've gone 3" or 4" on both the '04&'06"R's" with drag bars but brought my cables and wires up the inside of the risers. Raised the tach and speedo up as well so less eye movement checking them going down the road. I sent rep as well.
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883l
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
martymill2 is an unknown quantity at this point

first off i would like to thank all you guys for your generous efforts. i.e time, effort giving me info with my issue. i loosened and lifted to get a general idea. the bike did not come to me with stock bars. the stocks on the superlow i sat on at the dealer were actually quite comfy.(Southampton Harley Davidson, Southampton,Mass). long story long the 3 inch Rox Speed pivoting risers from J&P were perfect. don't know if iron 883 or xl1200's have the same triple tree but if anyone with an xl ever has a hard time finding a riser for that mess, i highly suggest Rox Speed parts(no, i do not work for Rox Speed) i tried to attach a photo but i guess its not acceptable in this forum
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883l
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
martymill2 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks to everyone for taking the time to help me out. i used the loosen and lift method to gauge a general distance. i went ahead and got whats called a pivoting riser. 3 inch, in black, made by Rox Speed. J&P cycles has them in 2,3 or 4 inch in black or chrome. like i said LA choppers also makes 1 or 2 inch risers for the superlow. i didnt have to extend anything either. if i would have gone with 4 inch i would have needed a brake line. superlow triple trees (the top anyway) are strange i cannot imagine why they did that. so i hope i at least provided info for someone with a xl883l looking for a riser alternative