The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > BUELL MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Buell Motorcycle Electrical and Ignition
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Members Birthdays
xlhrick (72), madrat (66), gripdad (63), ask4dug (61), TinMan_4L (56), jrhayden (55), norseXL (52), ftcara (51), rick600, thebisch (47), wademclean, smooth8423 (42), timmaboy (41), mxmike800 (27), OddOneOut (26)
Main Menu
Tags
buell, controls, handlebar, s1w, switches

Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st July 2014
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: EBR 1190 SX
Sportster/Buell Year: 2017
Phelan has much to be proud ofPhelan has much to be proud ofPhelan has much to be proud ofPhelan has much to be proud ofPhelan has much to be proud ofPhelan has much to be proud ofPhelan has much to be proud ofPhelan has much to be proud ofPhelan has much to be proud ofPhelan has much to be proud ofPhelan has much to be proud of
Default 7/8" Switchgear options

Hi guys, looking for options for switches. Something that looks better than the S1/X1 pieces. I was originally thinking about ISR pieces but theirs includes levers and M/C, and I prefer my ASV levers and Brembo 18mm (or was it 19mm?) radial M/C from a Ducati 999. I have a ZX6R clutch clamp with ASV lever that I will be adapting on the clutch side as well, to have matching levers and to get rid of the one-piece Buell clutch clamp. I also thought about using HD switches, but that could be a headache where the throttle cables are involved, since I have a 7/8" throttle tube and the HD right switch set uses a 1" tube. Thoughts?

My setup as it sits currently. PO converted to 7/8" controls with some "interesting" handlebars, but the left side is tweaked. I have some 7/8" bar stock and just got a 1" buckhorns handlbar to cut up to fit the 1" WesTek clamps. This way I can make a symmetrical pair of bars, with the bonus of making them ~1" up and 2" out.

older pic with close up of the bars