The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
screndname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to behold
Default m2 cyclone motor vs. 1275 kit

my question is best bang for the buck, or what do you think-
i have an 2000 883c stage 1 and i have the chance to buy an 01 buell m2 cyclone for $1500 (salvage title), or i can buy a 1275 kit and extras for 2000ish dollars.
what do you think the best bang for the buck and why? - cyclone motor in in sportster then sell leftover parts or just go with the 1275 kit?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: SuperLow
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
maltesefalcon has a reputation beyond reputemaltesefalcon has a reputation beyond reputemaltesefalcon has a reputation beyond reputemaltesefalcon has a reputation beyond reputemaltesefalcon has a reputation beyond reputemaltesefalcon has a reputation beyond reputemaltesefalcon has a reputation beyond reputemaltesefalcon has a reputation beyond reputemaltesefalcon has a reputation beyond reputemaltesefalcon has a reputation beyond reputemaltesefalcon has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW I had a 2000 Cyclone (new). Motor was rock solid and powerful. Could lift front wheel in any gear.
It has carb and works well with the Screaming Eagle filter kit although it mounts at an angle now.
Biggest issue is the pipe. It will need a free flowing setup. I used Supertrap with excellant results.

For $1500 its hard to beat if its in good nick.

(I got rid of the Buell because they are rather tall bikes and I was way too short for it.)
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
rezchug is an unknown quantity at this point

cyclone m2 allday long cuz you can recover alot of your money selling your 883 motor online(eBay etc) to guys building customs, sell the motor by itself sell the carb kit & everything else separate. Oh yeah take a video of it running good with a close-up on the serial #s.

the cyclone has stock screaming eagle .497 cams so that'll be like getting a $300 bonus & not have to pay for installation of cams or DIY cuz it's already in there!

in any event you'll have to buy a new front pulley as both the 883 & m2 have 27t front pulleys, if you don't the bike will be screaming at highway speeds shaking like a mthrfkr.
front pulleys are your taste 29t is 1200 stock that's good for all & the 30t is great for high speed but you lose the low gear grunt pulling torque somewhat.

Last edited by rezchug; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:27.. Reason: Forgot sumn
Old 4 Weeks Ago
A Million Facts & Figures

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Cyclone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
aswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond reputeaswracing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezchug View Post
the cyclone has stock screaming eagle .497 cams so that'll be like getting a $300 bonus & not have to pay for installation of cams or DIY cuz it's already in there!
Domestic M2's have "D" cams from the factory. HDI versions have the SE .497's.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Biker

hey didn't know that man thank, every Buell I've pulled apart had .497 so far.
still at $1500 for a already built 1200 with the bonus of being able to sell his 883 is crazy cool, on the Buell wreck if the front end is good there's eBay $$ & anything else not broken he can part by part which'll only help sell everything cuz if he's listing a whole bikes worth of parts then people start seriously looking for needed parts on his profile but if he overprices compared to eBay going rates he'll sell nothing.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Drag Race Champion

screndname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to behold

thanks all, im going check it out this weekend
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Drag Race Champion

Default update

checked out the buell a few hours ago- had 35000 on the clock, was weeping from every gasket , and badly needs a bath.
i passed on it. i'm going to look for one i don't have to tear down right away and in better shape.
frank
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Biker

better luck next time man, worth a look though cuz if it was cool the part sale might've gotten you head work or the simple 1275 kit on top of it.