The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > OFF TOPIC > Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life This is where you can discuss human relations topicsthat are important to you. Please keep the discussion intelligent and remember EVERYONE has their own opinion.

DO NOT LET YOUR DISCUSSIONS HERE BLEED INTO THE OPEN FORUMS!!!

Members Birthdays
cbsportster (67), sjeccles (50), 2011_Nightster (50), reeb (47), Maff (47), jl_rotary (40), UMLsilva (32)
Main Menu
View Poll Results: Where you a good kid or the kid from hell?
Good 96 28.57%
So So 139 41.37%
Kid from hell 101 30.06%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2017
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't know how to vote.

I was the kid from hell but rarely got caught so would that make me a good kid?
Old 26th July 2017
Asgardian

Sportster/Buell Model: 883r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Watkins 27
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

I excelled at chemistry, so whilst my parental units may have thought blowing shit up was a bit annoying....i preferred the term " Research ".
Old 2nd August 2017
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: honda cb 125/175
Other Motorcycle Year: 1978
twinspeed has much to be proud oftwinspeed has much to be proud oftwinspeed has much to be proud oftwinspeed has much to be proud oftwinspeed has much to be proud oftwinspeed has much to be proud oftwinspeed has much to be proud oftwinspeed has much to be proud oftwinspeed has much to be proud oftwinspeed has much to be proud oftwinspeed has much to be proud of

I think I wasn't the most horrible, but some grey hairs I must have given

I was rebellious and wild, but at least I wasn't mean.
Old 2nd August 2017
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 07
r4fthrs has a reputation beyond reputer4fthrs has a reputation beyond reputer4fthrs has a reputation beyond reputer4fthrs has a reputation beyond reputer4fthrs has a reputation beyond reputer4fthrs has a reputation beyond reputer4fthrs has a reputation beyond reputer4fthrs has a reputation beyond reputer4fthrs has a reputation beyond reputer4fthrs has a reputation beyond reputer4fthrs has a reputation beyond repute

My parents (mostly my mother) may disagree, but I picked so-so. Was a little bit of a wild child, but nothing that got me into major trouble until 16 and I bought my first bike. After that it was drug, sex and rock n' roll (not necessarily in that order).

When I was in HS I totaled my brothers car, was drunk and took out 40 ft. of fence, a telephone pole and rolled it several times (not injured at all). The funny thing was that I still was getting good grades even though I had a weekly visit to the principles office (for my weekly meeting with the paddle - that dates me for sure) and being hung over half the time in class.

In college toned down the drinking (some), but was heavily into weed and other recreational pharmaceuticals that didn't require a needle (still on the Dean's list - the good one that is). Looking back I am so glad this was the 1970's BA (before aids) or I may not have made it to old age. I remember my Mom actually calling me a slut because of the girls I went out with usually always had a reputation (Duh? That was the point).

Didn't really straighten out until I found EMS and firefighting, that filled my adrenaline junky void and I lost my need to party nonstop. I substituted all that with High-line rescue and other more socially excepted risky behaviors. Haven't smoked weed since the mid 80's, only drink moderately (love craft beer and good bourbon) and found one good woman that fills my needs and tolerates me (38 years so far). Three good kids (much better than me) and two grand kids (and counting).
Old 4th August 2017
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
The Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crusher has a reputation beyond repute

Short version: Kid from hell, still immature for my age.
Old 7th August 2017
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: BSA Lightning
Other Motorcycle Year: 71
Michman will become famous soon enoughMichman will become famous soon enoughMichman will become famous soon enoughMichman will become famous soon enoughMichman will become famous soon enoughMichman will become famous soon enoughMichman will become famous soon enough

Kid from hell. Parents were always fighting about something. Expelled from the 4th grade in elementary school for kicking a kid down a stairwell who was bothering my sister. He ended up in the hospital with head injuries. Nearly expelled in the 5th grade for helping to run a teacher out of the school system. ((About 10 years later I was working in a factory and the foreman asked me to show a new guy how to do a job. I looked at the guy and realized it was the teacher I helped ruin. About 5 years ago I found out my old teacher had hung himself. That still bothers me.) I hated school. I had a independent streak that no one could talk or beat out of me. I got into trouble once and the police called my house and requested my presence at the station. The ride there was interesting as my dad was trying to drive and grab at me at the same time. The only class in high school I liked was vocational auto shop. My counselor told me to stop wasting their time and the taxpayers money and quit. I told him to screw himself. I graduated a half semester later than the rest of my class. But in that last 1/2 semester I met a girl that I have been married to for 45 years. I still trust no one but my wife and daughter. The only other person who never gave up on me was my mom. I repaid her by always being good to her up till the time I watched her draw her last breath. I made sure my home environment was nothing like the one I grew up in.