The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sportster Motorcycle Custom Finishing
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Custom Finishing Here is where you can discuss various ways of customizing your Sportster motorcycle or Buell motorcycle.

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th October 2015
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
64physhy is a splendid one to behold64physhy is a splendid one to behold64physhy is a splendid one to behold64physhy is a splendid one to behold64physhy is a splendid one to behold64physhy is a splendid one to behold64physhy is a splendid one to behold64physhy is a splendid one to behold64physhy is a splendid one to behold64physhy is a splendid one to behold64physhy is a splendid one to behold

I would powdercoat it myself, but don't have an oven big enough for the frame.

"The strength of the wolf is the pack, the strength of the pack is the wolf."
Old 16th October 2015
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200s
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Sportster/Buell Model #2: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1974
bustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond reputebustert has a reputation beyond repute

it can be cured in sections with heat lamps, just need to tent it. I actually cured a guitar neck with a heat gun because I could not get it into my oven. you have to watch for flow out and then expand the melt slowly and keep the heat moving to prevent bubbles. def not for faint of heart. many body shops probably would let you use the oven. however, most do not get that high of a temp. google and you will find shall I say enterprising individuals that do the impossible cures with redneck ingenuity.