The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sportster Motorcycle Custom Finishing
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Custom Finishing Here is where you can discuss various ways of customizing your Sportster motorcycle or Buell motorcycle.

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2015
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
NightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura about
Default Custom paint starts here..

Doing a paint job on my 07Nightster I have a few Chips On top of tank I dont want to live with.
Heres how the bike sits now

Heres the new colors chosen

Primary= Jade Green Metalic

Secondary colors= Tunnel Ram Gray, Midnight black.

keeping my stock fenders Buying one of these tanks -Undecided-

I created a couple of Paint masks for a design on tank side. help me pick I also intend to add some tribal pin striping to both fenders and top of tank.

I was thinking of the masks being painted on in the Tunnel ram gray and airbrushing some shawdow in midnight black.

Tell me what you think I personally like 6 although 2 looks like it will fit like a glove on the indian larry tank
Old 22nd January 2015
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch 73
Sportster/Buell Year: sold
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1997 1200s
big andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond repute

My choice would be no 5 But depends where you are putting it top of tank or on the side .If the side of the tank no 5 for me .Top of tank no 2
1997 1200s 1250 Hammer performance kit . Hammer performance billet inlet manifold .Hammer performance billet pushrod tube holders. energy one extra plate clutch kit . bronze oil pump drive gear upgrade
Old 22nd January 2015
Biker

NightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura aboutNightsterMass has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
My choice would be no 5 But depends where you are putting it top of tank or on the side .If the side of the tank no 5 for me .Top of tank no 2
Side definitely side I was thinking some tribal pin striping on top but I have to see how it lays out
Did this real quick wrong color hues but get you idea With #2 It would all be in much darker tones. This is why I cant decide GRR LOL

Im Staying with my colors but, I notice candle apple green would look decent ...
Old 22nd January 2015
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2008
HD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond repute

I really like #6, But if you are doing additional tribal striping #2 would do really nicely.
I really like that shade of green also - This should turn out awesome.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final product. This is the color scheme and the type of design scheme that I had been planning. My son is designing the graphics for me. He came up with a few and we are going back and forth/combining trying to come up with the right final one.
Old 22nd January 2015

big andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond reputebig andy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightsterMass View Post
Side definitely side I was thinking some tribal pin striping on top but I have to see how it lays out
Did this real quick wrong color hues but get you idea With #2 It would all be in much darker tones. This is why I cant decide GRR LOL

Im Staying with my colors but, I notice candle apple green would look decent ...
Seeing no2 on that tank thats it for sure made for it .Cant wait to see the final product.Man the choice we have these days for paint color is mind numbing too many choices it makes your head hurt
Old 22nd January 2015
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
Seeing no2 on that tank thats it for sure made for it .Cant wait to see the final product.Man the choice we have these days for paint color is mind numbing too many choices it makes your head hurt
You better believe it my brother so many choices I spent days looking at paint chips @ first I was looking at all the metalflakes I could throw in but the more i looked at metal flakes. I felt dirty like i needed fuzzy dice and hydraulics..
Old 22nd January 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightsterMass View Post
You better believe it my brother so many choices I spent days looking at paint chips @ first I was looking at all the metalflakes I could throw in but the more i looked at metal flakes. I felt dirty like i needed fuzzy dice and hydraulics..
Many many moons ago my uncle used to be a custom painter using metalflake and candy apple colors.Even used to cover the seats on his choppers with metalflake vinyl. But the thing that I remember the most was him using lace table cloths as a stencil then painting over it .He was a pioneer in custom painting and frame making downunder and it always fascinated me watching him do these paint jobs and how well they came out .He even used ladies stockings every now and then (as a stencil lol) I might add. But it is something I have great respect for anyone who can Paint.
Old 1st February 2015
Biker

I never did this before and everything I ever do is fly by the seat of my pants "off the cuff" Its down time got my fender in today.

This is the paint mask for front fender just got it today it will go on front tip of front fender.

Im reconsidering my paint color scheme I really like this black paint with green/blue color shift metal flake.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...42569762467171
Old 1st February 2015
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 72
Sportster/Buell Year: 2014
adversray is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm tuning in for the results. good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 12th February 2015
Biker

Ok so I let the girlfriend talk me out of the color scheme chicks always get thier way but Im committed now HOK paint on order from TcGlobal
main color is now a 3 stage Matador red

secondary color is Hok Charcoal Grey Metallic

Airbrush HOK colors are

Tanks on order