The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Frame Mount EVO Sportster Talk (1986-2003 models)
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2017
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Zbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Rear brake line

1996 Sportster 1200 Custom:
I recently had to replace the original rear brake line (pn 44438-87b) with the Russell aftermarket kit.
The new braided line installed nicely but the banjo connection at the rear of the master cylinder persists in leaking a very small amount of fluid. I am not real impressed with the aluminum seal washers provided although the connection at the rear caliper is good with no leakage. Overall the brakes work well.
Any suggestions or tips to correct the small leak at the rear of the master cylinder?
Thanks in advance!
Old 17th June 2017
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 nightster
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
screndname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to beholdscrendname is a splendid one to behold

only help i can offer-
the older ones used copper banjo washers. napa carries them, id guess all the large auto parts stores carry them also. if i remember correctly the 98 xl i had used copper banjo washers, so hd may have them also.
i've never had problems with eather.
Old 19th June 2017
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
toe has a brilliant futuretoe has a brilliant futuretoe has a brilliant futuretoe has a brilliant futuretoe has a brilliant futuretoe has a brilliant futuretoe has a brilliant futuretoe has a brilliant futuretoe has a brilliant futuretoe has a brilliant futuretoe has a brilliant future

There are copper banjo washers that also have a o-ring as part of the washer......

The Only Y2K dual-set 883C
So Cal
Old 19th June 2017
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Zbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of lightZbimmerboy is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you guys!!!