The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sportster Motorcycle Custom Finishing
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Custom Finishing Here is where you can discuss various ways of customizing your Sportster motorcycle or Buell motorcycle.

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2008
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
zbaber is on a distinguished roadzbaber is on a distinguished roadzbaber is on a distinguished road
Default jockey shifters?

not sure if this is the right section or not..

lets see some pictures of your jockey shift setups... foot clutch prefered... though i was thinking about doing a hand clutch on the shift lever as well.

after spending last week at daytona bike week, and seeing the severe lack of modified sporties.. (i got about a million compliments on how i had the most tastefully done sportster many had seen, and i think about everyone who walked by my bike as it was parked on main had something good to say about it)..

i've decided that i'm going to do a little more to it. going to go chain drive, with a 180 rear tire (hopefully, i'd settle for a 160 though), jockey shift with either foot clutch, or jockey lever mounted clutch. going to drop my bars down 3 inches (by way of 1 inch risers instead of the 4inch one thats on it) getting a small digital speedo to clean up the bars, and going spoked rear wheel, black rim, chrome spokes front and rear. this will all be a drawn out process, as money isn't pouring in like i'd need it to be to do it all at once.

but back to the original post, i'd like to see some jockey shift setups thanks
Old 12th March 2008
Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: roadking classic
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
bud095 has disabled reputation

i wanna see this too
Old 13th March 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Rat Bastard
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL175-Rot'n Bastard
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
Scooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really nice

That's a start and they aren't all jockey shifters. I threw some tank shifters in for the hell of it.

Last edited by Scooter_Trash; 13th March 2008 at 01:24..
Old 13th March 2008
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
zbaber is on a distinguished roadzbaber is on a distinguished roadzbaber is on a distinguished road

they look so !!!!ing cool... its lower on my list.. but will be done to my bike eventually... the 1250 conversion comes first, along with new wheels/tires, and a chain drive
Old 13th March 2008
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Dyna Wide Glide
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Roadster
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: Ultra Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: 2011
oakies has a spectacular aura aboutoakies has a spectacular aura aboutoakies has a spectacular aura aboutoakies has a spectacular aura aboutoakies has a spectacular aura aboutoakies has a spectacular aura aboutoakies has a spectacular aura aboutoakies has a spectacular aura aboutoakies has a spectacular aura about

I agree...They really look cool..But it has to be the most useless modificaton possible on any bike. Unless you care more about looking cool...than you do riding. JMO
Old 13th March 2008
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
jesse85 is on a distinguished roadjesse85 is on a distinguished road

I'm currently building one for my bike, i will take pics after it gets back from getting chrome plated and installed........ It's going to be awesome!!!!!!!!
Old 13th March 2008

Scooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakies View Post
I agree...They really look cool..But it has to be the most useless modificaton possible on any bike. Unless you care more about looking cool...than you do riding. JMO
That's kind of how I feel about windshields on Sportsters. I know you didn't ask for my opinion on windshields, but then again, the OP didn't ask for your opinion on jockey shifts.
Old 13th March 2008
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakies View Post

What would be even KEWLER, if they were actually ridden more than to the local 7 eleven for a pack of cigarettes

BTW-I'd give a new crispy $$$$$$$$Ben Franklin$$$$$$$$$ to anyone who like to race with one of them super shifters???
Old 13th March 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by xllent01 View Post
BTW-I'd give a new crispy $$$$$$$$Ben Franklin$$$$$$$$$ to anyone who like to race with one of them super shifters???
Why does every mod have to be about going fast? You'll just never get it.

Now that we are done hijacking this poor guys potentially pretty cool thread, can we get back to some jockey shift pics?
Sponsored Links
Old 13th March 2008

Here's a right side tank shift:

Vegas1200

His early tank shifter

Fixerdj's tank shifter (closer to what you are thinking of doing):