The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Burly  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
Mr.P (50), G-man1965, Dietoride (45), mct496 (43), JuggaloCujo (31)
Burly
RYCA Motors
Energy One Clutches
Lickscycles

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2011
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
unfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the rough
Default free mods with photos

put the stock risers back on and flipped the mirrors.

Old 6th January 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
cowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of light

Not bad, is it hard to see out of the mirrors when they are low like that?
04 1200R N4 cams, custom A/C , stage 1 P&P, porker switchblades, Tc88a with Ricos Hooligan map, 185 main, 48 slow, and custom 5.2 gal tank. 3-1/2in extended forward controls, Enough about me, tell me about you.
Old 7th January 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Other Motorcycle Model: Dyna Wide Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2011
Robotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to behold

I love that setup and had it on my sportie just be careful. Those controls can now slam into your tank and dent it. I'd put some additional stops on your tripple trees to prevent this like I did with mine.
"why pay someone to screw something up when you can do it yourself for free?"
Old 7th January 2011
Super Moderacer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLRR
Sportster/Buell Year: 91
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH1100
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 80
racerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant future

I flipped my mirrors last year and I like it better..... it takes a little getting used to but I can see a whole lot better than when they were on top......

Ww

Blue Locktite..... I put that sh*t on everything.....

"never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence"

"All The Way"
Old 7th January 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Road Glide FLTR
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
mea4dxl will become famous soon enoughmea4dxl will become famous soon enoughmea4dxl will become famous soon enoughmea4dxl will become famous soon enoughmea4dxl will become famous soon enoughmea4dxl will become famous soon enoughmea4dxl will become famous soon enough

I love free mods.

Old 7th January 2011
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
09 blackthunder will become famous soon enough09 blackthunder will become famous soon enough09 blackthunder will become famous soon enough09 blackthunder will become famous soon enough09 blackthunder will become famous soon enough09 blackthunder will become famous soon enough

I had to add risers when I ran drag bars on my N. The controls would kit the tank with the stock risers. Tried everything but nothing worked.
Old 10th January 2011
JESTER Mafia-Hooligan Div

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 R
BWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerwill View Post
I flipped my mirrors last year and I like it better..... it takes a little getting used to but I can see a whole lot better than when they were on top......

Ww
I noticed you didn't have your mustache then!

Stuff: YES
Old 12th January 2011
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L
unfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy770 View Post
Not bad, is it hard to see out of the mirrors when they are low like that?
No, the mirrors actually work now. All i could see before were my shoulders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
I love that setup and had it on my sportie just be careful. Those controls can now slam into your tank and dent it. I'd put some additional stops on your tripple trees to prevent this like I did with mine.
I pushed the bars against the stops with the controls loose and tightened them with .25 inch clearance.