The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum MOTOSPORT  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life This is where you can discuss human relations topicsthat are important to you. Please keep the discussion intelligent and remember EVERYONE has their own opinion.

DO NOT LET YOUR DISCUSSIONS HERE BLEED INTO THE OPEN FORUMS!!!

Members Birthdays
RYCA Motors
Biltwell
Figure Machine
Bison Motorsports

Bison Motorsports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
Other Motorcycle Model: triumph bonneville
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
frenchandy is a glorious beacon of lightfrenchandy is a glorious beacon of lightfrenchandy is a glorious beacon of lightfrenchandy is a glorious beacon of lightfrenchandy is a glorious beacon of lightfrenchandy is a glorious beacon of lightfrenchandy is a glorious beacon of lightfrenchandy is a glorious beacon of lightfrenchandy is a glorious beacon of lightfrenchandy is a glorious beacon of lightfrenchandy is a glorious beacon of light

Hope you work it out buddy,
she sounds like good fun and i hope your actions will calm her.
I wouldnt put up with her behaviour either.
Having said that I married the best looking ,sexiest girl I ever met 10 years ago and she used to swear and drink like a sailer.
2 little boys later and shes the perfect mother.
Not suggesting you take a leaf out of Frenchies book but...............
Damn I miss the old days
Old 8th January 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
colonelangus is just really nicecolonelangus is just really nicecolonelangus is just really nicecolonelangus is just really nicecolonelangus is just really nicecolonelangus is just really nicecolonelangus is just really nicecolonelangus is just really nicecolonelangus is just really nicecolonelangus is just really nicecolonelangus is just really nice

1st never air your dirty laundry on a public forum..

2nd you should be telling her everything you told us it will get more results if she hears it

3rd kicking her out as thread states is far different from asking her to spend some time with her dad.one is forever the other is not

4th good luck hope everything works out in your favor
Old 8th January 2011
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GS 750 L
Other Motorcycle Year: 81
thatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud of

Good luck! I hope everything works out!!!
Old 8th January 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with every bit with the exception of taking the pussy. I would have shagged her, went back to sleep, and then sent her to dads. I have a relative that went from social drinker to an alcoholic. It was not a pretty transition and her immediate family eventually paid the price. Becoming an addict is a lot easier than becoming a former addict. She needs this to course correct otherwise you and she are in for a life of misery. I also agree with colonelangus with respect to sharing too much here, she is probably sitting at home right now reading this and getting pissed.
Spoiled but definitely not rotten. Started life as a black 1993, 1200 Now-1218, Home ported 2009 FI heads, Andrews N6 cams, Dyna2Ki, JMC aluminum swingarm, Chainsikle custom mid forward controls, GBC inverted front end, 3 degree wide-glide trees and 5 degree raked cups. 18x3.5 fatspoke rear with 150/60 and 21x3.5 with 120/70.
Old 8th January 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi California EV
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
jharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattbastard View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love alcohol. Hell, I make my own beer! I just believe alcohol, amongst other things that have addiction written all over them, should be enjoyed in moderation. The true talent lies in ones ability to control these addictions.
A true addiction cannot be controlled. She's obviously one of those people that just don't know when to stop. Believe me, I use to be one of those. She is not going to change until she's ready to change. She is not going to change because your ready for her to change.

And you didn't kick her out if she's expected back in 2 or three days.

You've got a very difficult decision to make.

Jim in Italy
'93 1200
4"Extended Jaybrake Forward Controls
Wide Wishbone Girder Front End
Super E Carb w/Forcewinder Air Cleaner
WetDreamz Pipes
Holographic Metal Flake Paint Job
Four Piston Jaybrake Calipers front & back
16" Carlini Apes
Know Thy Hog

Old 8th January 2011
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: FXR
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Mattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of light

She's not gonna read this. Even if she does, the nice thing about the internet is none of you know me personally. Even if you did, I'm the type of person who would let you in and know why I'm all bummed out.

I use the internet forums for social research. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's ever dealt with this, but how can I put up a flag if there's no forum or nobody to see/hear it?

Thanks everyone. It's just me and the cats for a few nights. At least cleaning all that crap off the sporty motor in my basement listening to 90's metal is nice and therapeutic
Old 9th January 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Xlh
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 77
dr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=rottenralph;3052928]I agree with every bit with the exception of taking the pussy. I would have shagged her, went back to sleep, and then sent her to dads. QUOTE]

agreed

i think you did the right thing. maybe she just does not know how her drinking truly effects you and this will let her know how serious it is.
i also agree its good to talk about things and sometimes its easier to talk to strangers than friends. i have gotten so much advice from this forum on everything from how to clean my shower stall to legal advice and i know lots of people have experienced this same situation. i hope it all works out for you because trust me you dont want to get dragged down that path its an ugly one. maybe you could both go to a couple meetings together. i personally dont care for aa but some people get a lot of good from it. either way i am pulling for ya
Old 9th January 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
DeD Fred has disabled reputation

There is a point in your life where you must be one with your inner Popeye.

Thats all you can stands, you cant stands no more

Time to whip out the big can
Old 9th January 2011
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 04
snake oil is just really nicesnake oil is just really nicesnake oil is just really nicesnake oil is just really nicesnake oil is just really nicesnake oil is just really nicesnake oil is just really nicesnake oil is just really nicesnake oil is just really nicesnake oil is just really nicesnake oil is just really nice

I know a 30 year old nursing student that has run amuck, She is married to a good man and has 2 beautiful daughters, She got into some kind of advanced program and was set for a solid career and then just went out of control, Her drinking may cost her everything, She has been jailed for disorderly conduct and DUI, Divorce is in the works with her husband getting custody of the girls and she is 1 mistake away from being kicked out of the nursing program and she can't see the problem and seems hell bent on self destuction. It is very sad to watch. It is time for you to figure out if she wants to change or for you to find someone whos flaws are tollerable.
Old 9th January 2011
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
HOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to allHOWNDOG is a name known to all

Sounds to me like you're not really compatible. You're a cat person, she's probably a dog person.

I don't quite understand turning down a bit of lovin' from my girl no matter what time it is. If she's sober enough to ask for it and want it, I'd give it to her. I wouldn't leave her at a bar either.......

HD