The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life This is where you can discuss human relations topicsthat are important to you. Please keep the discussion intelligent and remember EVERYONE has their own opinion.

DO NOT LET YOUR DISCUSSIONS HERE BLEED INTO THE OPEN FORUMS!!!

Members Birthdays
Wardog (65), ZeD (62), JamieSporty95 (42), JStrong (37), llsmketr, Phelan (29)
Energy One Clutches
Foxcreek Leather
Lowbrow Customs
NHRS Performance

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2011
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
seagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of light

If she is your plan for a future you both got to stop drinking, period.

If she has a problem she can not control, she has to stay away from the stuff.
For some moderation is just not possible, it is all or nothing.

If she is the love of your life, you got to stop too. It is unrealistic that she can stay away from it, if you continue, even in moderation.

Don’t expect someone else to do something you are not willing to do yourself.

I know you think the problem is all about her, but if you plan to stay in this relationship it is your problem too.

Good luck.
Old 10th January 2011
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: FXR
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Mattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagullplayer View Post

If she is the love of your life, you got to stop too. It is unrealistic that she can stay away from it, if you continue, even in moderation.

Donít expect someone else to do something you are not willing to do yourself.

I know you think the problem is all about her, but if you plan to stay in this relationship it is your problem too.

Good luck.
While constructive as your comment may be, I'll dump her before I quit having my daily beer (and yes, It's only 1). There's a lot of things in my life I hold in moderation successfully, including common addictions for other people. If I can do it, so can she. I'm not lowering myself to that level.
Old 16th January 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R1150R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
bigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattbastard View Post
While constructive as your comment may be, I'll dump her before I quit having my daily beer (and yes, It's only 1). There's a lot of things in my life I hold in moderation successfully, including common addictions for other people. If I can do it, so can she. I'm not lowering myself to that level.
Matt, I'm going through the same thing myself and frankly I don't know what to do about it. She is constantly getting loaded to do anything and its quite embarrasing. I'm posting about this in another thread to not hijack yours.

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
Marquis de la Grange (1639 - 1692)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16th January 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
twotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nice

Sorry to say but not all will come around to your wants. Sometimes it's better to cut bait and find a better situation, some just don't grow up and accept responsibility for themselves or will change just because you want them to.

Old 16th January 2011
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: FXR
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Mattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotoneXLH883C View Post
Sorry to say but not all will come around to your wants. Sometimes it's better to cut bait and find a better situation, some just don't grow up and accept responsibility for themselves or will change just because you want them to.

I have come to that realization as well. Only time will tell.
Know Thy Hog

Old 16th January 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1998 S= Superior Model
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
shotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang Guys I am sorry your going through this
Old 16th January 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 1250
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
nutter is a jewel in the roughnutter is a jewel in the roughnutter is a jewel in the roughnutter is a jewel in the roughnutter is a jewel in the roughnutter is a jewel in the roughnutter is a jewel in the roughnutter is a jewel in the roughnutter is a jewel in the roughnutter is a jewel in the roughnutter is a jewel in the rough

My advice to folks trying to find their soulmate (24 yrs married) - Tanya Tucker said it best when she sang ....
If it don't come easy, you better let it go.
'Cos when it don't come easy, there's no natural flow.
Don't make it hard on your heart, you might be better off alone,
If it don't come easy, you better let it go, yeah.

Jay
Old 16th January 2011
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Calvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of lightCalvin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagullplayer View Post

Donít expect someone else to do something you are not willing to do yourself.

Good luck.
Quote:
Having gone through a similar situation and hearing a lot about AA, I can tell you it has nothing whatsoever to do with what the partner does or doesn't do...or what he can or can't do. It's all about her. Not drinking yourself will have no impact on whether or not she chooses to drink. You SHOULD have your beer. Drinking at whatever level is a personal choice.
Old 17th January 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
twotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nicetwotoneXLH883C is just really nice

Quote:
I have come to that realization as well. Only time will tell.
I gotta say though, do you really want to hang out and let times make a decision for you.

Look I've been married twice, both times ended in divorce that I initiated. and when things went sour I wanted out rather than wait around for some change. The last one was the worst since she was a little younger than me and all she wanted to do was have fun but not be faithful.

It takes two working together to be happy in a relationship and if one's behavior is bringing the other down it's not going to get any better unless there's a split.
Old 16th February 2011
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 86 Sporty
tauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the rough

There for the grace of God go I. Sometimes one thinks they have it tough and then you read this. I hope we get good news from you Matt.
Know Thy Hog