The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
spatial.hd, cress (56), tomheck2112 (47), Marks98Sporty (47), hdsportster71 (43), jmhurt (36), Tros (30)
Dead Creek Cycles
Biltwell
Motor Stage
DK Customs

Burly

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th January 2011
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1000cc Ironhead Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: 96 KDX200 Dirt Bike
russzx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to all
Default Floods here in Brisbane, Aust

Well its the calm before the storm here so to speak in sunny old Brisbane Australia!!. We had a fair old storm yesterday and high tide around 1.30pm we had a bit of local flooding. This afternoon we are expecting a king tide around 3pm and combined with water release from our main catchment dam (its currently at 190% capacity) we are apparently going to see levels that may surpass the 1974 floods here . Thursday is expected to be our main problem day, i'm good at home, nice and high .. ..i helped some friends move some gear and personal belongings into my shed last night, and may have a guest or two sleeping on the lounge chairs for a few nights. I work at the local airport, its looking like we may have to pull an all nighter to keep an eye on things and make sure power and lights are on the runway, but working on our predictions we should be right . . .clouds are out on the horizon again, so hopefully that stays back for a bit. .. fingers crossed!!
Here's some pics of yesterday, i'll update with some more if we see worse in the next few days

Last edited by IronMick; 12th January 2011 at 01:54..
Old 12th January 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda XR250r
Other Motorcycle Year: 90
floorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to behold

Stay safe! I grew up where it flooded at least once a year, but nothing like that!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle
Old 12th January 2011
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: Ironhead 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
Other Motorcycle Model: Ultra Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
fireman5 has much to be proud offireman5 has much to be proud offireman5 has much to be proud offireman5 has much to be proud offireman5 has much to be proud offireman5 has much to be proud offireman5 has much to be proud offireman5 has much to be proud offireman5 has much to be proud offireman5 has much to be proud offireman5 has much to be proud of

man that is to much, yall stay safe
Old 12th January 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH 1000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 75 motor in Norton frame.
Other Motorcycle Model: 42WLA 45, Harton, Narley
Other Motorcycle Year: 1942
Hopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to behold

Keep that Ironhead above the waterline mate. Wouldn't want to get all that new chrome messed up!
Bet you are having fun out at the airport. I see it is still open but you have to wonder for how long?
I was supposed to go to Brisbane but I don't think that is going to be happening by the look of things.

WTF is that bike and sidecar in your flood pics? MZ??

Best of luck with the high tide this arvo mate.
Old 12th January 2011
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1979
Other Motorcycle Model: Heritage Softail
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Smerch is a name known to allSmerch is a name known to allSmerch is a name known to allSmerch is a name known to allSmerch is a name known to allSmerch is a name known to allSmerch is a name known to allSmerch is a name known to allSmerch is a name known to allSmerch is a name known to allSmerch is a name known to all

That snake is not having a good day.

Hope everyone down there comes out of this OK.

When I look at these pictures I can't help but think of a commercial from an Australian beer company (Fosters?): "From Australia - the driest continent on Earth".

Prayers up.
Know Thy Hog

Old 12th January 2011

Hopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to behold

More flood news on the Brisbane newspaper website here

http://www.couriermail.com.au/

They are saying it will get worse in the next 24 hours with a king tide at 4am backing up floodwaters even more.
Old 12th January 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerch View Post
That snake is not having a good day.

Hope everyone down there comes out of this OK.

When I look at these pictures I can't help but think of a commercial from an Australian beer company (Fosters?): "From Australia - the driest continent on Earth".

Prayers up.
That is the bizarre thing, we just had 10 years of drought, record dry years etc and Brisbane last year built seawater desalination plants to supply the city with water. Now it is under water.
Old 12th January 2011

russzx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to allrusszx6 is a name known to all

We will be right mate . . .runway is at 5.43AHD . . .its going to take a bit to stop us!! . . although linking taxiways, some sub stations and remote gensets are a little low for our liking . The 77 is high and dry, checked on her last night, yeh don't know what that old bike is . .silly bugger, looks like his Mrs was giving him a tongue lashing!!. Give me a yell if you come down, we will catch up for a beer in the terminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
Keep that Ironhead above the waterline mate. Wouldn't want to get all that new chrome messed up!
Bet you are having fun out at the airport. I see it is still open but you have to wonder for how long?
My income insurance company wanted me to fly down to Brisbane on Friday to see their doctor but I don't think that is going to be happening by the look of things.

WTF is that bike and sidecar in your flood pics? MZ??

Best of luck with the high tide this arvo mate.
Old 12th January 2011

We are still on water restrictions Hopper. . ..can't hose your driveway or wash the car even
Old 12th January 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by russzx6 View Post
We are still on water restrictions Hopper. . ..can't hose your driveway or wash the car even
Gotta luv the gumment.
Know Thy Hog