The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum GL Sportster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
nate74, daPainta (63), BobboJama (61), whoopeekat (60), steelbreeze (58), Rio (53), paragon (50), miztacrabbypants (45), Truck (40)
Biltwell
Fix My Hog
RYCA Motors
Biltwell

Licks Holiday

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
dspirkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TPS issue

It appears I am going to have to replace the TPS for the second time. Anyone else having this issue with their ride? Seems to happen after everytime I get caught in a downpour or the bike is parked outside and rain or snow moves in.
Specs:
2007 XL1200c
V&H Straight shots
V&H Fuel Pak
Arlen Ness Big Sucker intake and filter
Old 23rd February 2011
XLF LIFEMEMBER Im retired

Sportster/Buell Model: XL50 0596 Black
Other Motorcycle Model: E-Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Bob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the XLForum.

The new Sportys don't like rain.

Sportys tend to keep getting faster the longer you own them.
Old 23rd February 2011
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: Harley Heritage
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
Shu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to behold

My TPS is my speedo Is the connector to the TPS sealed well? Maybe some dielectric grease to help keep the water out?

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Screamin' Eagle 10:1 pistons
Stage 2 883 heads
Screamin' Eagle .497" cams
Screamin' Eagle Mikuni HSR42
Thunderheader
Forcewinder
Old 24th February 2011
Brass Nut

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C … long gone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDB … gone!
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi dspirkey, welcome to the Forum.

You started your thread in the 'Sportster Motorcycle Service Bulletins' section, which is for Official HD Service Bulletins, so I've moved it to the 'EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)' section.
'The green machine'
Old 24th February 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200N
Cosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the XLForum from Central NY!...lots of great people / ideas on here. Glad to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspirkey View Post
It appears I am going to have to replace the TPS for the second time. Anyone else having this issue with their ride? Seems to happen after everytime I get caught in a downpour or the bike is parked outside and rain or snow moves in.
Specs:
2007 XL1200c
V&H Straight shots
V&H Fuel Pak
Arlen Ness Big Sucker intake and filter
I have the same set-up minus the I got Sucker'd intake......just kidding. Anywho...I haven't had a problem at all with my TPS and I've spent many 8+ hour rides in driving rain. What code are you getting and what are you checking that determines the TPS is bad?

If you don't stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand in front of them!
Know Thy Hog

Old 24th February 2011
Senior Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883 Standard
blkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to allblkshark is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum from Northern California.

All TPS must have a cover sheet!!!!!!
Old 24th February 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200N
Cosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkshark View Post
All TPS must have a cover sheet!!!!!!

I see you got that memo Blkshark!