The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Gun Talk
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Gun Talk Talk about guns and gun related issues.

Members Birthdays
Get Lowered
RYCA Motors
Ironworks Magazine
BIKE BUILDER

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th March 2011
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Screwdriver has a reputation beyond reputeScrewdriver has a reputation beyond reputeScrewdriver has a reputation beyond reputeScrewdriver has a reputation beyond reputeScrewdriver has a reputation beyond reputeScrewdriver has a reputation beyond reputeScrewdriver has a reputation beyond reputeScrewdriver has a reputation beyond reputeScrewdriver has a reputation beyond reputeScrewdriver has a reputation beyond reputeScrewdriver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Get Home Bag....

Figured this would be the right forum......

Anyone carry a "Get Home Bag"?

I live in LA and commute 20 miles each way and built a "Get Home Bag" in case the shit hits the fan. I lived in Northridge during the 94 Quake and I always have to have something just in case.

So who else carries a daily "Get Home Bag"?
Old 26th March 2011
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
sportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond repute

I just carry my purse which has a built in holster for my snub nose .38.....pretty much goes everywhere with me. And did you know you cannot take a gun, any assorted knives or pepper spray into the Social Security Offices. I was parked right in front of all the windows....walked back to my car popped open the trunk lid and emptied my purse and jacket pockets.....I didn't really want them to see how much shit I had to unload. I guess I am paranoid!! OK, here's the deal...I had on my riding jacket which always has a little extra stuff in it.

EDIT: Most likely you can't take any of it in a bank or post office either....of course the airport is totally out if your flying.
EDIT: Seriously.....no guns in a federal building...I don't know the rules on pepper spray....which I have in my...purse, car and bike and my knife (s)...purse, car and riding jacket. For me sometimes I really do have to stop and think.....are guns allowed in here because I almost always have my gun...in my purse on me....always have pepper spray and the knives are for fixing shit not killing people with and I always have one in my purse.

Last edited by sportyblue; 26th March 2011 at 03:19..
Old 26th March 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XRX
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
MisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura about

GHB's a a great idea, adn vary depending on your locale.
Old 26th March 2011
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
sportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
Figured this would be the right forum......

Anyone carry a "Get Home Bag"?

I live in LA and commute 20 miles each way and built a "Get Home Bag" in case the shit hits the fan. I lived in Northridge during the 94 Quake and I always have to have something just in case.

So who else carries a daily "Get Home Bag"?
I googled the Get Home Bag and came up with a ton of stuff....but since you posted this in the gun section I assumed that's what you were talking about.......however I would like for you to educate me on what you are talking about and what is in your GHB. Thanks.

Here's a video......is this what you are talking about....like a survival kit sort of or in case of a disaster ....things to fix your bike, a little first aid, self defense? I'll be awake all night long now wondering what you have in your GHB!

Thanks.

Last edited by sportyblue; 26th March 2011 at 04:31..
Old 26th March 2011
JESTER SYNDICATE

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

I have three gear bags with various equipment I carry in the cage, plus my CERT bag. When riding the sled, I travel light but adequately equipped.

Old 7th June 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Xlh
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 77
dr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud of

I don't really have a set bag but most of my daily carry items will get me to where I need to go. Everyday I have keys, wallet, phone, pocket knife, vise grip leatherman, lighter and in my truck I always have no less than my tool roll that I will take on my bike as well, 100 feet of rope, 2 flashlights one regular and a headlamp one, first aid kit, and a real cool survival kit given to me by a friend who is special ops. Has a small fire starter compass water purification etc. Not really for when Shit hits the fan but everyday life. I am fully confident I could make my way home from most anywhere I go routinely if things do go bad.