The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Gun Talk
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Gun Talk Talk about guns and gun related issues.

Members Birthdays
Durockrolly (56), xlch1973 (52), ehenry (50), 100thHugger (49), evobrian (47), jethrosurfs (42), Chris B. (38), Ebmomma (38)
Lowbrow Customs
Foxcreek Leather
Energy One Clutches
Lowbrow Customs

NHRS Performance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2011
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: sport C
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
caveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nice
Talking picked up a nice M1

just picked up a nice m1 carbine on Monday most of it's IBM parts with bluesky Import mark now if I could get the wife to give me sometime this weekend to shoot /
Old 30th March 2011
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Uncledaddy has much to be proud ofUncledaddy has much to be proud ofUncledaddy has much to be proud ofUncledaddy has much to be proud ofUncledaddy has much to be proud ofUncledaddy has much to be proud ofUncledaddy has much to be proud ofUncledaddy has much to be proud ofUncledaddy has much to be proud ofUncledaddy has much to be proud ofUncledaddy has much to be proud of

Let's see it! Grab a camera man!
Old 30th March 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/Hammer 1250
Sportster/Buell Year: 1990
90sportster has disabled reputation

picture please?
Old 30th March 2011
Senior Master Bolter Oner

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond repute

Where? I had one in Jersey but sold it before I moved. Want one again!
Old 30th March 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R again!
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Doc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud of

Great little rifles, my dad carried one in WWII, never owned one myself but shot a ton of them, lots of fun! Enjoy.

Here's a pic of my dad w/his somewhere in Europe winter 1944 (he said it was unloaded & had his finger on the trigger for "photographic purposes" LOL):
Know Thy Hog

Old 30th March 2011

Doc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud of

Here's another one of my dad w/his (late summer, early fall 1944), sorry for the hijack:

Old 30th March 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883/1212
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
iwantmybeerbackplease has much to be proud ofiwantmybeerbackplease has much to be proud ofiwantmybeerbackplease has much to be proud ofiwantmybeerbackplease has much to be proud ofiwantmybeerbackplease has much to be proud ofiwantmybeerbackplease has much to be proud ofiwantmybeerbackplease has much to be proud ofiwantmybeerbackplease has much to be proud ofiwantmybeerbackplease has much to be proud ofiwantmybeerbackplease has much to be proud ofiwantmybeerbackplease has much to be proud of

I have one too, I don't know what mines worth. Do you mind telling what you paid for it? Mine is in like new condition. Got some original ammo from about 1964 too. My father bought the M1 from the MO National Guard when the military switched over to the M16. Don't know much about guns though. I have about a dozen beautiful rifles and shotguns in storage. A few pistols too. They were my father's, most were purchased new between the mid 60's to the early 70's.
HurricaneFlow A/C
Power Commander III
Cycle Shack slip-ons
83HP/86Tq

Old 30th March 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200c
DaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond repute

Air shock information thread
Old 30th March 2011

For more info on this great little carbine check out this book by one of the premier carbine experts, Craig Riesch:

Amazon.com: U.S. M1 Carbines, Wartime Production, 6th Revised and Expanded Edition (9781882391431): Craig Riesch: Books Amazon.com: U.S. M1 Carbines, Wartime Production, 6th Revised and Expanded Edition (9781882391431): Craig Riesch: Books

There were literally millions of these rifles made by lots of manufacturers and it's rare to find an all original one today due to arsenal rebuilds. They are outstanding for fun, plinking and home defense (with modern soft point ammo, not ball)mixed with important history.

Here's another great source of info and currently available stuff:
http://fulton-armory.com/

Last edited by Doc45; 30th March 2011 at 19:56..
Old 30th March 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883 (Kim's now)
Sportster/Buell Year: 97
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Street Glide
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDXT
Other Motorcycle Year: 02
sportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc45 View Post
For more info on this great little carbine check out this book by one of the premier carbine experts, Craig Riesch:

Amazon.com: U.S. M1 Carbines, Wartime Production, 6th Revised and Expanded Edition (9781882391431): Craig Riesch: Books

There were literally millions of these rifles made by lots of manufacturers and it's rare to find an all original one today due to arsenal rebuilds. They are outstanding for fun, plinking and home defense mixed with important history.

Here's another great source of info and currently available stuff:
http://fulton-armory.com/
Great links.. Thanks!