The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
CV Performance
Superbrace
Foxcreek Leather
Progressive Suspension

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
skelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the rough
Default How have you guys dealt with it? (bike out of use)

After about a year of working on her piece by piece and still able to ride her daily... she is now broke apart and sitting in a paint booth. How in the hell did you guys manage with yours missing for extended periods of time?

I keep finding myself looking into the garage as if she has magically appeared, fully done and beckoning me to take her to the drive-in... I am sooooo depressed.

Last edited by Folkie; 1st May 2011 at 16:02..
Old 1st May 2011
Been to Montana

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
LuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly View Post
After about a year of working on her piece by piece and still able to ride her daily... she is now broke apart and sitting in a paint booth. How in the hell did you guys manage with yours missing for extended periods of time?

I keep finding myself looking into the garage as if she has magically appeared, fully done and beckoning me to take her to the drive-in... I am sooooo depressed.

You're not quite in the same boat as me but I understand. I'm down for a month recovering from surgery. But at least I can sit on mine and make vroom, vroom noises. Not the same as riding her though.
Old 1st May 2011
Joss

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

Got to have multiple steeds, one for this, one for that.
Old 1st May 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
XLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud of

Buy another one is my solution.
Ricor test rider for IAS Shocks, Intiminators and Vibranators. Works Dual Rate fork springs, fork brace, Avon Venom X tires, loosen drive belt, and set frame rails level to floor. Read the "7 Pages of Suspension" thread in the Suspension Sticky Index to learn how to fix your suspension.
Old 1st May 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
skelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the roughskelly is a jewel in the rough

Funny you should mention that... I just saw a 93 Softy on Craigs List that needs a new top end for $2300.
Know Thy Hog

Old 1st May 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda Blackbird
Other Motorcycle Year: 2000
Ratchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the rough
Default Dude...

That's what winter time is for!
Sacramento, CA. LU #340
Old 1st May 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 C Chopper
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH 1000
Other Motorcycle Year: 79
Likemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond reputeLikemlouder has a reputation beyond repute

already been said but i buy another Gotta Ride

http://i43.tinypic.com/33uvl1i.jpg
Old 1st May 2011
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: xls roadster rigid
Sportster/Buell Year: 1979
hasselme0 has a spectacular aura abouthasselme0 has a spectacular aura abouthasselme0 has a spectacular aura abouthasselme0 has a spectacular aura abouthasselme0 has a spectacular aura abouthasselme0 has a spectacular aura abouthasselme0 has a spectacular aura abouthasselme0 has a spectacular aura abouthasselme0 has a spectacular aura abouthasselme0 has a spectacular aura abouthasselme0 has a spectacular aura about

Well mine sat idle for 6 months then I sent it out for a rewire and a few small items. That took another 5 months. When the bike was done it was October. So I drank alot, spent a large amount of time day dreaming on what I needed to do next. Not going to do anything but ride it. Yes it is Hell to be down and your depression will subside just dont go off the deep end.
Old 3rd May 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XRX
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
MisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura about

This is why you have 2 bikes, and NEVER work on them at the same time
Old 3rd May 2011
Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1984
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL 1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R80ST
Other Motorcycle Year: 1984
DEEP DIVER has much to be proud ofDEEP DIVER has much to be proud ofDEEP DIVER has much to be proud ofDEEP DIVER has much to be proud ofDEEP DIVER has much to be proud ofDEEP DIVER has much to be proud ofDEEP DIVER has much to be proud ofDEEP DIVER has much to be proud ofDEEP DIVER has much to be proud ofDEEP DIVER has much to be proud ofDEEP DIVER has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPX View Post
This is why you have 2 bikes, and NEVER work on them at the same time
Try having 4!!!!!

3 in bits

BARRY

RED BLACK AND CHROME
AND IT GETS ME HOME
Know Thy Hog