The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum GL Sporster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
DK Customs
NRHS Performance Long 2
Motor Stage
Energy One Clutches

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R again!
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Doc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud of
Default Fuel additive

Here in the Denver area we have the pleasure of dealing with oxygenated fuel fall/winter/early spring. The bike always runs a little rougher during these times, we won't get "good" fuel probably until the end of May/early June.

I tried Amsoil Quickshot SE for the first time recently. I'm on my second tank with it and I "perceive" it to be effective. The Sporty seems to start quicker, idle better & have a better throttle response going by the seat of the pants method of testing, LOL.

I don't know, maybe it's "mind over matter" and I'm imagining it, but for the $10 I spent on the bottle, still have 1-2 more doses left, I guess I'll try it again next year.

Anyone else have experience with this stuff on their carbed bikes (don't have an issue with my cars/trucks & bikes that have/had efi)?
Old 7th May 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R again!
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Doc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud of

"cricket cricket" Anyone? "cricket cricket"
Old 7th May 2011
Non-ancraophobic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
AB,Frank has a reputation beyond reputeAB,Frank has a reputation beyond reputeAB,Frank has a reputation beyond reputeAB,Frank has a reputation beyond reputeAB,Frank has a reputation beyond reputeAB,Frank has a reputation beyond reputeAB,Frank has a reputation beyond reputeAB,Frank has a reputation beyond reputeAB,Frank has a reputation beyond reputeAB,Frank has a reputation beyond reputeAB,Frank has a reputation beyond repute

I carry amsoil octane boost just in case...I can't get premium...I know that stuff works for me...don't know if what ya got is the same tho..