The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Frame Mount EVO Sportster Talk (1986-2003 models)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
spatial.hd, cress (56), tomheck2112 (47), Marks98Sporty (47), hdsportster71 (43), jmhurt (36), Tros (30)
Fix My Hog
Bison Motorsports
Lowbrow Customs
Fix My Hog

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
cjhooker will become famous soon enoughcjhooker will become famous soon enoughcjhooker will become famous soon enoughcjhooker will become famous soon enoughcjhooker will become famous soon enoughcjhooker will become famous soon enough
Default Im gonna beat it....

So I have owned my 02 883 since Valentines Day this year. At first I was thinking it would suck until I could chop it to sh%T,but the more I ride this bike it becomes my FAVORITE. I have owned bigger and smaller bikes but this is the best all around.It almost makes going to work worth it. Im gonna beat it to death...

Anyway. As I said I am going to be making some changes to the bike and I wanted to start a thread to keep track of progress. Untill I have enough scratch saved up for the frame I will be making or buying parts here and there.

Started Seat pan today. Not perfect,but I made it and to that is better than one that cost me money.

I didnt take a pic of it prying to being cut b/c I did it quickly on break @ work.

Cleaned up a little.

Here is side view to see where I worked it over.

Not anything special to guys building big dollar abortions,but MINE.

Will update with more pics and parts.

Cheers
Old 25th May 2011
Biker

cjhooker will become famous soon enoughcjhooker will become famous soon enoughcjhooker will become famous soon enoughcjhooker will become famous soon enoughcjhooker will become famous soon enoughcjhooker will become famous soon enough

Dont know why I spent time cleaning up the metal it is only going to get painted and covered,but felt right at the time.
Old 25th May 2011
Savant?

Sportster/Buell Model: rigid 88" highly modified
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: iforgot
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 80's
Other Motorcycle Model: crs
Other Motorcycle Year: 80's
wilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to behold

Looks like fun!
Old 25th May 2011
Dazed and Confused

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
llsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to behold

Great start, cant wait to see more!
Old 25th May 2011
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL50 0596 Black
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: E-Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Bob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm gonna beat it to death.
Better pack a lunch, modern Sportsters are built very well these days.

Sportys tend to keep getting faster the longer you own them.
Know Thy Hog

Old 25th May 2011
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob F View Post
Better pack a lunch, modern Sportsters are built very well these days.

I hope so.I ride this thing atleast 50 miles a day in the Florida heat.

I love it.
Old 25th May 2011
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by llsmketr View Post
Great start, cant wait to see more!

Thanks.Already fooling around with ideas of a oil tank.

Started making a octagon shaped one,but thinking of going a different direction. I have all of the tools at work minus a decent sander,so I plan of making everything I can make and more.
Old 25th May 2011
Ride free, RubyRed

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883 > SE 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
wandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhooker View Post
Dont know why I spent time cleaning up the metal it is only going to get painted and covered,but felt right at the time.
Hey, progress is progress.

The project bike:
1999 1200 XLH--Currently on indefinite hold... Custom Led Sled frame--4" up, 2" out; Baker/Vulcan chain conversion; Buell 17" rear wheel...
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...d.php?t=708796