The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Figure Machine  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sportster Motorcycle Custom Finishing
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Custom Finishing Here is where you can discuss various ways of customizing your Sportster motorcycle or Buell motorcycle.

Members Birthdays
motobraz, dwr302, xlchjoe (60), rider31 (54), Viper (42), KJcrownRRdriver (42), krafty (38), EezyE (37), SmokeyXL (34)
Superbrace.com
Sky Smith Insurance
BIKE BUILDER
S&S Cycle

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Vassago is a glorious beacon of lightVassago is a glorious beacon of lightVassago is a glorious beacon of lightVassago is a glorious beacon of lightVassago is a glorious beacon of lightVassago is a glorious beacon of lightVassago is a glorious beacon of lightVassago is a glorious beacon of lightVassago is a glorious beacon of lightVassago is a glorious beacon of lightVassago is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 Ironhead View Post
Hey Vassago,

Great looking paint work and some other cool looking mods, bar, headlight brackets and carb......great looking ride.
thanks man
Old 9th June 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1962
62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold

Hi 1000,

Cool looking matt black....great

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000 View Post
here is the tank on my 82 ironhead
"I don't think it's nice you laughing. You see my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it..." http://62ironhead.blogspot.com/p/clint.html

Check out my mule at www.62ironhead.blogspot.com or at http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/blog.php?u=57274
Old 9th June 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold
Default Some more examples

Here are a few more examples I came across.

Old 9th June 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Default More green

Hi Boomer8484,

If you like green, what about this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer8484 View Post
Those are some awesome looking paint jobs.

This on I would have to pick as the winner though, I love the green.
[/QUOTE]
Old 9th June 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLX-61
Sportster/Buell Year: 1983
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL350
Other Motorcycle Year: 1969
83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of83XLX has much to be proud of

Factory paint job, but I like it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it (especially if you don't know what you're doing). Most Sportster problems are owner-induced.
Know Thy Hog

Old 9th June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: ....
Sportster/Buell Year: ....
1nastydc2 will become famous soon enough1nastydc2 will become famous soon enough1nastydc2 will become famous soon enough1nastydc2 will become famous soon enough1nastydc2 will become famous soon enough1nastydc2 will become famous soon enough

The one with the tattoo arm is amazing holy hell.
Old 9th June 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
steelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10th June 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrice40 View Post
paint by me, not as cool as the others but I like it:
Paint by you....looks cool. Is the back half of the rank just raw steel?
Old 10th June 2011
an obsession handed down

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
rubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant future

mine's in my signature...done by a local guy here in the mountains.

Taxes are paid!

...Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...~Robert Hunter/Jerry Garcia
Old 10th June 2011
Senior Bike Builder

Other Motorcycle Model: Road King
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
drd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 Ironhead View Post

This one is very well done, and I'm not a big fan of skull art.
Know Thy Hog