The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
spatial.hd, cress (56), tomheck2112 (47), Marks98Sporty (47), hdsportster71 (43), jmhurt (36), Tros (30)
Superbrace.com
Biltwell
Dead Creek Cycles
Motor Stage

Get Lowered

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
dalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enough
Default acelerator pump lever screw size

I just put a new acelorator pump in my 75 xlch with 38mm bendix carb. The little pump arm is held on by a brass(?) Screw. Well I forgot the locktite and star washer and imagine that, the little screw is now missing. Can anyone tell me the size of this little screw so I can get another one or six?
Old 19th June 2011
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLS
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1980
ezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to behold

Anyone with a parts book he is looking for acceleratingpump lever screw.If no one comes in with # I'd go to a good auto parts store and buy afew different screw you should remember about what size and I'm sure it'll standard thread.
Old 19th June 2011
Rider Of The Iron Steed

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1978
IronMick has a brilliant futureIronMick has a brilliant futureIronMick has a brilliant futureIronMick has a brilliant futureIronMick has a brilliant futureIronMick has a brilliant futureIronMick has a brilliant futureIronMick has a brilliant futureIronMick has a brilliant futureIronMick has a brilliant futureIronMick has a brilliant future

In the factory service manual that is item numner 1 in the diagram; in the parts book it is item number 22 ...
27396-71 screw with lockwasher, no. 4-36.
Old 20th June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
dalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enoughdalea will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys. I guess a trip to the hardware store is in order. J&p doesn't even have em. It sucks living only 30 miles from them here in IA Lol