The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Rubber Mount Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2004-2006)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Rubber Mount Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2004-2006) This area is to discuss issues, problems and anything else unique to the 2004 and above Sportster motorcycles

Members Birthdays
jenks60 (59), Hammer of God (53), billas 100th (50), sam19 (49), ivory hunter (46), cumnz (45), TJ Willy (41), SINdicated (35), XRavenX (32)
Biltwell
Motor Stage
Motor Stage
Lowbrow Customs

Energy One Clutches
Tags
brake pressure, brakes, passenger

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th June 2011
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
matridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura about
Default brakes lose pressure only with passenger

so apperently every single time i have a passenger, my rear brakes lose all pressure. not immediatly but after a few miles of stop and go traffic. when i ride myself the brakes rebuild pressure by themselves. i took apart the master cylinder and didnt find a ripped cup like others have had. i brought it to an indy and them check it out but it was working that day so they said it was fine. i took the caliper apart also and cleaned and lubed it up. bled lines and worked like they are supposed to, then ride with a passenger and they lose pressure again. its never happened when im riding solo. the easy fix is to not ride a passenger, but seriously what the hell is going on. too much weight, me and my ol lady arent that fat. lol
Old 21st June 2011
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Describe "loose pressure". Do you mean the brake pedal goes all the way to the bottom and nothing?

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Old 21st June 2011
Drag Race Champion

matridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura aboutmatridge has a spectacular aura about

brake goes all the way down with absolutly no braking power. not weak break, none at all.
Old 21st June 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
ghostlycadillac will become famous soon enoughghostlycadillac will become famous soon enoughghostlycadillac will become famous soon enoughghostlycadillac will become famous soon enoughghostlycadillac will become famous soon enoughghostlycadillac will become famous soon enough

Losing pressure? Or brake fade?
Old 21st June 2011
Drag Race Champion

then overnight, pressure builds back up on its own.
Know Thy Hog

Old 21st June 2011
Drag Race Champion

im not sure what brake fade is
but brake pedal goes all the way down with no response at all
Old 21st June 2011
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: V-twin Schwinn Chopper
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
alank is just really nicealank is just really nicealank is just really nicealank is just really nicealank is just really nicealank is just really nicealank is just really nicealank is just really nicealank is just really nicealank is just really nicealank is just really nice

I'd get a new master cyl. rebuild kit and put in there.
Old 21st June 2011
Drag Race Champion

alank, i am already planing on it, i just wonder if anyone has ever heard of this. it has happened 4 or 5 times. everytime i have a passenger. never when i ride alone. and im riding everyday.
Old 21st June 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

semjpm is a name known to allsemjpm is a name known to allsemjpm is a name known to allsemjpm is a name known to allsemjpm is a name known to allsemjpm is a name known to allsemjpm is a name known to allsemjpm is a name known to allsemjpm is a name known to allsemjpm is a name known to allsemjpm is a name known to all

What fluid are you running DOT 4 or DOT 5? Might be that the extra braking effort is boiling the fluid - and that will cause fade. DOT 5 has a higher boiling point than DOT 4 and mixing DOT 4 and 5 will cause all kinds of issues.

SEMJPM
Old 21st June 2011
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c 1980 chopped frame
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Ironhead chopper
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1979
Other Motorcycle Model: Nightster GF's Bike
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
asasial is a name known to allasasial is a name known to allasasial is a name known to allasasial is a name known to allasasial is a name known to allasasial is a name known to allasasial is a name known to allasasial is a name known to allasasial is a name known to allasasial is a name known to allasasial is a name known to all

i had a master cylinder once that i had to tap the brake real fast before i pushed it, if i didn't the petal would go all the way down with no braking power. disassembled it several times, found nothing wrong with it put a kit in and still never fixed it. not much fun when your running rear brake only. I replace/upgraded to a better one.
Why buy parts, when you can pick up some tools and make something way cooler?
Know Thy Hog