The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Zipper's Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Accessories
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Accessories Accessory problems, advice, and/or how tos (Saddle Bags, Sissy Bars, Crash bars, Mirrors, etc

Members Birthdays
sportxlh, willprevale (73), eagle (68), Willard (66), arby (63), XLC Curt (61), Boricuaurfer64 (50), zook1065 (47), Foxdud (46), stg (45), skeeter_xb (43), mountainman
Get Lowered
Energy One Clutches
Energy One Clutches
Bison Motorsports

Licks Cycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Scoonie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flipped Mirrors

Hello, the stock mirrors on my Nightster will not do the trick flipped on the drag bar that I have. Can anyone suggest a set of mirrors that will work well flipped on a drag bar?
Old 23rd June 2011
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
il67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to all

Show a picture? Mine works fine with flipped bars
Old 23rd June 2011
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
LoadedDiablo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm using bar end mirrors on my drags...there off a mountain bike
Old 23rd June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Scoonie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the stock mirror on the right side flipped down but I don't get the visual I want. Maybe I need to mess with it. On the left side I have my speedo mounted so the mirror get's in the way and also has the visual issue. I'll mess around with the stock mirrors a little more.
Old 23rd June 2011
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
il67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to all

Ohh gotcha. Sometimes you just have to bring the legs in a bit. I'm sure you will find the best view is at the strangest angle. I think its my right hand mirror that is turned almost vertically up and tilted towards me a bit that gets the best view
Know Thy Hog

Old 23rd June 2011
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
BgrMaine is on a distinguished roadBgrMaine is on a distinguished roadBgrMaine is on a distinguished road

I had 34" wide bars and the mirrors showed a lot! It was better than having them up top because my shoulders blocked them there.

When I went to the narrow bars, the view is much reduced - about 2/3 road view, 1/3 of my hip... I can still see enough, but there's definitely a difference. I'm partial to the shorter (I think 26") bars so I'm willing to deal with the reduced view.

What width are your bars and have you considered going wider?
Old 23rd June 2011
Retired Hasbeen

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: FLSTF Fatboy
Other Motorcycle Year: 1999
Stairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond repute

I put new bars on mine and I had to put the right on the left and vice versa. Works good, the only thing is the distance warning is upside down. No big deal.

Old 24th June 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XRX
MisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura about

When I flipped mirrors on lower bars, tehy'd hit teh tank on full turns. SO off they came, and on went bar end mirrors.
Old 24th June 2011
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
1200cblue has a spectacular aura about1200cblue has a spectacular aura about1200cblue has a spectacular aura about1200cblue has a spectacular aura about1200cblue has a spectacular aura about1200cblue has a spectacular aura about1200cblue has a spectacular aura about1200cblue has a spectacular aura about1200cblue has a spectacular aura about

Good thread. I put mini apes on my custom and flipped the mirrors, but had to switch them back. Couldn't see in them without moving my elbows.
Old 24th June 2011
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883R in Silver
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Yamaha TY250D
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki RG500CH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1987
new2HDfrank is just really nicenew2HDfrank is just really nicenew2HDfrank is just really nicenew2HDfrank is just really nicenew2HDfrank is just really nicenew2HDfrank is just really nicenew2HDfrank is just really nicenew2HDfrank is just really nicenew2HDfrank is just really nicenew2HDfrank is just really nicenew2HDfrank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoonie View Post
Hello, the stock mirrors on my Nightster will not do the trick flipped on the drag bar that I have. Can anyone suggest a set of mirrors that will work well flipped on a drag bar?

My stock mirrors work better flipped with drag bars than they did with the stock bars and the mirrors upright. My drag bars are kinda wide and I have a 1" spacer under the stock handlebar riser. Gotta roll your knee out doing full lock turns but rear view is awesome, and it gives my bike a really great look.

Sure my mirror print is upside down too, but.

Frank
Know Thy Hog