The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
excel50 (73), blazer95 (64), mycle1000 (59), Barryn37 (53), QBALL (53), paulieb (52), cfranz (41), BMXATV (40), ravyn3 (35), Texas_Wild, hillpope (32)
Dead Creek Cycles
NHRS Performance
DK Customs
Motor Stage

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th July 2011
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL Build in progres
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1986
StogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to all
Default My Fender and Sissy Bar build

Going to Bastard Bash nixt month so i needed a fender and sissy bar to haul my shit up there. Had help from some great friends and think it came out great. I put a model A tail light on the bike also since i cut the fender struts all the way off.
Bringing it the garage and lets get to choppin

Old 18th July 2011
Flat Track Champion

StogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to allStogieJoe is a name known to all

Start eyeballing the fender and where i wanted the struts to sit, then cut the fender down to the size that i think fits the bike better. Ended up cutting an inch off the sides of the fender to show more of the tire too.

Old 18th July 2011
Flat Track Champion

drilled to small holes and threaded them on the under side of my swingarm to make the fender and bar removable when i don't need them. Made some small spacers and a longer bolt on the bottom of the strut mount which is where the struts are going to get welded too, then time to get to bending a bar

Old 18th July 2011
Flat Track Champion

Now it's time to cut out a mount for the tail light and get it wired into the bike and see how it all turned out. All in all it was a good way to spend a night.

Old 18th July 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C ...traded...
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883...sold...
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: Switchback
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
Francois has a brilliant futureFrancois has a brilliant futureFrancois has a brilliant futureFrancois has a brilliant futureFrancois has a brilliant futureFrancois has a brilliant futureFrancois has a brilliant futureFrancois has a brilliant futureFrancois has a brilliant futureFrancois has a brilliant futureFrancois has a brilliant future

Shit man, this is good stuff - thanx for sharing!!
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th July 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
UpNorthIron is an unknown quantity at this point

Bike is looking good dude. I'm going to try and mock up a detachable sissy so I can leave my swingarm mounted fender on all the time.

What are your plans for paint on the fender? powder coat the sissy and match the fender with the tank?

Andrew
Old 18th July 2011
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N (Sold)
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: 2014
motorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud of

You've really done a great job on the bike. From the nash bars, flysucker intake, licks solo bag, to the brake light (without the obscenity, nice choice). Even the paint scheme is sweet. Great chop.
Old 18th July 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
Greg75 is a name known to allGreg75 is a name known to allGreg75 is a name known to allGreg75 is a name known to allGreg75 is a name known to allGreg75 is a name known to allGreg75 is a name known to allGreg75 is a name known to allGreg75 is a name known to allGreg75 is a name known to allGreg75 is a name known to all

Nice work looks good
Old 18th July 2011
Flat Track Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorthIron View Post
Bike is looking good dude. I'm going to try and mock up a detachable sissy so I can leave my swingarm mounted fender on all the time.

What are your plans for paint on the fender? powder coat the sissy and match the fender with the tank?

Andrew
Im thinking about also making some small struts to be able to take the sissy bar off and keep the fender on too. Not sure on the paint yet. Been thinking about just clearing over the metal and powder coating the sissy bar but havent decided
Old 18th July 2011
Retired Hasbeen

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FXST Softail Standard
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: FLSTF Fatboy
Other Motorcycle Year: 1999
Stairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond repute

That's some pretty nice work. I like it.