The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Foxcreek Leather  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
Deathbreath (65), SpartanDen, B.C. TROLL (61), JDCIV (48), d_eggman2 (46), outalne94z71 (42), troy1 (41), chupacabra (40), pirate (40), Arslanoff
Fix My Hog
Lowbrow Customs
NHRS Performance
S&S Cycle

NHRS Performance
Tags
2006, 883, mileage, price, sportster

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2011
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Osco is just really niceOsco is just really niceOsco is just really niceOsco is just really niceOsco is just really niceOsco is just really niceOsco is just really niceOsco is just really niceOsco is just really niceOsco is just really niceOsco is just really nice

I didn't buy my Roadster because of resale values.
I could care less.

I'm keeping It
Old 22nd July 2011
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
grampadac is a name known to allgrampadac is a name known to allgrampadac is a name known to allgrampadac is a name known to allgrampadac is a name known to allgrampadac is a name known to allgrampadac is a name known to allgrampadac is a name known to allgrampadac is a name known to allgrampadac is a name known to allgrampadac is a name known to all

'05, 39k, don't plan on selling it. The value I put on it is probabley far greater than the value you would.

[IMG]http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae246/grampadac/DCP_0702.jpg[/IMG]
Old 22nd July 2011
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883XL/883N/1200XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Meattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of lightMeattruck138 is a glorious beacon of light

Basically, all sporties can get 2500-3500, people asking more rarely sell. I see some jokers with 08's for 10K on craigslist and laugh.

Only other models with higher resale are the nightsters/irons going for 6-7K.

Just my 0.02, not absolute but a good ballpark, mileage affects little as i see it.
Willie Nelson could sing the ingredients on a cereal box and make it meaningful.
Old 22nd July 2011
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 07
r4fthrs has much to be proud ofr4fthrs has much to be proud ofr4fthrs has much to be proud ofr4fthrs has much to be proud ofr4fthrs has much to be proud ofr4fthrs has much to be proud ofr4fthrs has much to be proud ofr4fthrs has much to be proud ofr4fthrs has much to be proud ofr4fthrs has much to be proud ofr4fthrs has much to be proud of

07 Custom 30+K, to me it is priceless
Old 22nd July 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda Blackbird
Other Motorcycle Year: 2000
Ratchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the roughRatchet72 is a jewel in the rough

As an Owner mileage matters little to me. As a Buyer, it means the world simply because I'm trying to get as much bike for my buck and I'll use mileage as a bargaining chip. For originality I'll pay at the upper end of my budget. If I see One Maltese cross anywhere on a bike I lowball the hell out of 'em. I'm not disrespectful to the seller but this is how I make some buying decisions in my head.
Monetary value is what you can Get and real value is completely subjective.
Sacramento, CA. LU #340
Know Thy Hog

Old 22nd July 2011
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet72 View Post
As an Owner mileage matters little to me. As a Buyer, it means the world simply because I'm trying to get as much bike for my buck and I'll use mileage as a bargaining chip. For originality I'll pay at the upper end of my budget. If I see One Maltese cross anywhere on a bike I lowball the hell out of 'em. I'm not disrespectful to the seller but this is how I make some buying decisions in my head.
Monetary value is what you can Get and real value is completely subjective.
Makes sense except for the cross thing. Most of those crosses are on poser bikes that get ridden rarely so they probably signal a good low mileage machine.

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Old 22nd July 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
philidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nice

As stated earlier I have 20K on mine and would not consider sale, but maybe a 2 for one trade. Ride one and fix the other, the ride the other and fix the first one. That is if I knew how to use the tools I do have.

You have to be smarter than the material object that you are dealing with.
Old 22nd July 2011
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philidor1958 View Post
As stated earlier I have 20K on mine and would not consider sale, but maybe a 2 for one trade. Ride one and fix the other, the ride the other and fix the first one. That is if I knew how to use the tools I do have.
Your avitar reminds me of the IKEA commercial from many years ago... "You need some new furniture!"
Old 23rd July 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XRX
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
MisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura aboutMisterPX has a spectacular aura about

I have 10K miles on my '11 XR. Do I know what those miles have done to the value? Nope. Then again, I don't care since I tend to keep my bikes forever, relagating them to sit in teh garage, or loaned outt o friends when I switch to a newer ride. Besides, from the research I did before getting my XR, the 1200's are a durable engine, like a Honda inline 4. An educated buyer will know this, adn those are the guys I'd want to sell to. It's like a Jeep 4.0 with 200K miles on it. No big deal, the engine will damn near run forever.
Old 23rd July 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250R Hammer Performance
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
leo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to behold

i'm at almost 62,000 on my 05.
runs great with no plans of selling.