The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
Bison Motorsports
DK Customs
Fix My Hog
Motor Stage

Superbrace.com
Tags
2006, 883, mileage, price, sportster

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd July 2011
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
i'm at almost 62,000 on my 05.
runs great with no plans of selling.
Way to go Leo. Live to ride, and never sit looking at it unless you have too.

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Old 25th July 2011
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: xlcustom
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
Sportster/Buell Model #2: ironhead
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1979
Other Motorcycle Model: cz dirtbike
Other Motorcycle Year: 74
mrbird is a glorious beacon of lightmrbird is a glorious beacon of lightmrbird is a glorious beacon of lightmrbird is a glorious beacon of lightmrbird is a glorious beacon of lightmrbird is a glorious beacon of lightmrbird is a glorious beacon of lightmrbird is a glorious beacon of lightmrbird is a glorious beacon of lightmrbird is a glorious beacon of lightmrbird is a glorious beacon of light

86 miles to go to 70,000 , never sell
Old 24th August 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Arch Titus is an unknown quantity at this point

This past May I paid Kelly Blue Book for my 2000 XL1200S Did not even Haggle with the Seller!

It had over $1000.00 dollars in Factory extras and 470 original miles. The title showed that the original owner paid $9500.00 plus Tax, Title and License. I don't see too many Evo Sporties at the $2000.00 dollar mark. I paid $3500.00 and am glad I did.
Old 25th August 2011
JESTER Mafia-Hooligan Div

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 R
BWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant future

My 05 is just a few miles shy of 500,000 miles.............but to me....the more I ride it, the more valuable it becomes!

Stuff: YES
Old 26th August 2011
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200L Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: flhtc
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
scooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura about

five hundred thousand miles.....dang!!! original motor??
Know Thy Hog

Old 26th August 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1972
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that Bruce really gets around, and it does have "stuff" in it. Only time it gets shut off is if he's in the shower, and even then it get's ridden in some showers. And I'm sure no one is interested in mine with 91,000 on an '06 "R" but thats okay cause I'm not done with it yet! Now I gotta go and check which air I ended up with after last weekends run.
I.B.A.#26543, Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! ******** Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they grow old because they quit playing
Old 26th August 2011
JESTER Mafia-Hooligan Div

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 R
BWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant futureBWP 5p has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP 5p View Post
My 05 is just a few miles shy of 500,000 miles.............but to me....the more I ride it, the more valuable it becomes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterbe883 View Post
five hundred thousand miles.....dang!!! original motor??
I wondered if anyone would question that.........it's actually about 475,000 shy of 500,000!

Now SportsterPaul and Cindy Deitz.........They are true Road Warriors. Got some serious miles on their bikes!
Old 26th August 2011
Drag Race Champion

scooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura aboutscooterbe883 has a spectacular aura about

yea, i knew about cindy. i actually thought you just typed one to many zero's. then i thought..that would be awsome if true, sporty motor with 1/2 million miles....that would be awsome to brag about!!! anyways, take care....bike looks good too!!
Old 26th August 2011
Drag Race Champion

sportsterpaul...awsome job with the miles you have...curious though, any major issues other than normal maint? not to jack the thread, but those of you with these miles on the bike, would be nice to know your choice of oil (not trying to get an oil debate, just curious what has worked with those with a bunch of miles), clutch life,stator life, the high dollar items that "hurt" the pocket book. i love my sporty and its really reasuring to hear how long you can go on these bikes. i perform all my own maintenance. thanks again.
Old 26th August 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
ramrod400 is an unknown quantity at this point

In the past have purchased bikes and hated seeing milage creep up, the old bike I have had forever don't even know real milage on it odometer didn't work for a while,put used one on it after a year,I just ignore milage except as a tool to know when to do maintenance,work with guy that put limits on how many miles a year he puts on his road glide to 5,000 miles.I put more than that riding back and forth to work a year,but I guess he will want to trade it in someday?and its already 5 years old so If it was me I would have been riding it bacause if milage does or doesn't effect price the model year will!!
Know Thy Hog